Debug output attached.
Created attachment 107491 [details]
Please help ArchLinux users, thanks!
There is substantial (but not conclusive) evidence that much of this log has to do with either a corrupt DVD:
and/or an older version of mencoder:
... having nothing really to do with transcode itself. What DVD is it that you're trying to rip? Does the DVD play well, otherwise? Does Leslie Zhai's recommendation of using kdenlive instead work at all?:
(or, really, is there *any* other software on the same system that can rip/read/play the DVD without issue? and if so, what SW?).
(also, is this on archlinux-2017.08.01-x86_64?)
Created attachment 107501 [details]
nero disc speed
Thanks Leslie and Jim.
My system is Antergos, my mencoder is 37916-2 from Arch repositories.
I tested three discs on K3b, all dvd video, and always I get the same fail.
I tried rip one of the discs with handbrake, but rip process failed at 27%.
I tried rip the same disc using handbrake on windows 7 installed on the same hardware: failed at 27% too.
Again in windows 7 I ran a disc surface test with nero disc speed: no problem found (see the screenshot).
I tried rip the same disc on windows 7 using ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate software: whole disc was ripped without any problem.
My mistake. Handbrake fails at 44%.
The file generated by ConvertXtoVideo Ultimate freezes at ~27min, the same freeze hapeens when I play the disc.
Ok, I think the original files burmed on this disc were corrupted.
I tested the others two discs on Antergos: I can rip both using handbrake, but K3b fails to rip them.
Are the other two discs some popular movie that I may have a copy of on which to test? If so, what are they? Can you attach k3b output for at least one of the other two discs?
Created attachment 107504 [details]
Thank you again Jim.
These two dvds are musical videos/concert, debug info in my attachment.
I forgot to say that this problem happens on two comnputers running the same distro.
> Does Leslie Zhai's recommendation of using kdenlive instead work at all?
yes, kdenlive is better choice than transcode, kdenlive use up-to-date libAV, but transcode use very old library, and my wife prefer to use kdenlive :)
I notice you're performing a two-pass encoding. I'm just curious, does it work better if you opt for a single-pass encoding? I seem to recall that selection being a necessity for mine to work.
(In reply to Jim from comment #11)
> I notice you're performing a two-pass encoding. I'm just curious, does it
> work better if you opt for a single-pass encoding?
Two-pass fails after some progress. Single-pass does not even start, it fails immediately.
I'm not having much success. Did you happen to patch transcode, as per:
My virtualbox antergos k3b calls out transcode properly. I can run transcode manually using the same command-line that k3b reports. It runs for a while but then just segfaults. I'm currently trying to learn how to recompile arch packages in order to apply the patch above.
hummm, it's a old problem.
Unfortunately I dont know apply patches.
Rip to xvid is working here.
*** Bug 394779 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 412505 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 436827 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 436560 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 435723 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 432868 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to Patrick Silva from comment #14)
> hummm, it's a old problem.
> Unfortunately I dont know apply patches.
Seems that the bitbucket repo with the patch is gone in between....
> Rip to xvid is working here.
I tried with:
K3b Version: 22.4.1
KDE Version: 5.93.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
and ripping to xvid does not work