Version: 2.5.0 (using KDE 4.8.0)
When the last song of an album or the first song of the next album is long (7 minutes or more), the scrobbler ignores either, despite the "playing now" in the profile page.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Pick two songs longer than 7 minutes from different albums
2. Play till the end
3. See one of them not scrobbled
Long songs being ignored
All songs must be scrobbled regardless
Using phonon-backend-gstreamer; didn't test with the VLC backend.
Amarok also doesn't send the "playing now" data when two long songs from the same album are played consecutively (both are scrobbled; one unnoticed). Tried to start over with new config files and a new database (rm -rf ~/.kde4/share/apps/amarok) to no avail.
Git commit 2fc6c25ee0f2eff758432c101ff82c87bc04a9e8 by Matěj Laitl.
Committed on 16/11/2012 at 19:03.
Pushed by laitl into branch 'master'.
StatSyncing: ChangeLog and BUG: tags for the final merge
This is a cummulative ChangeLog for my GSoC 2012 project, statistics
Individual commits responsible for the changes are earlier, but under
the same git merge.
* Track dragging support in Unique Tracks tab of the Synchronize Statistics action;
allows you to do a "diff" between collections and transfer missing tracks.
* Amarok now scrobbles tracks in streams if the stream correctly updates
* When scrobbling to Last.fm, Amarok announces suggested tag corrections.
* Ability to scrobble recently played tracks from iPod (and the like) to Last.fm.
* Synchronization of labels and rating between Last.fm and Amarok collections;
play count can be synchronized one-way from Last.fm to Amarok.
* Statistics synchronization between collections, supports rating, first / last
played time, play count and labels.
* Configure Amarok dialog gets new Metadata tab to grab some weight from the
Collection tab and to configure statistics synchronization.
* Better Last.fm scrobbling behaviour and error reporting due to rewrite,
should fix long-standing problems.
* Update stream meta-data correctly even with phonon-gstreamer back-end.
Related: bug 240732, bug 309697, bug 206249, bug 285820
DIGEST: Amarok statistics synchronization GSoC project merged with many features
and improvements, please see http://strohel.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
for more info and a bunch of screen shots.
GUI: Added statistics synchronization dialogs, split and one more config dialog tab
M +15 -0 ChangeLog