Version: 2.3.1 (using KDE 4.4.3)
The last.fm scrobbling behavior is inconsistent for streamed and saved podcasts. If the podcast is saved on downloaded and then played it it submitted to last.fm, if it is streamed it's not.
Reproducible: Didn't try
Steps to Reproduce:
- Activate last.fm service with "Submit tracks"
- Subscribe to podcast
- Play episode without downloading
- Download episode and play
Streamed episode is not submitted to last.fm, downloaded episode is submitted.
Either both should be submitted or none of the two. The desired behavior is a different issue, maybe it could be an option.
Could you please test with a newer Amarok version? Current is Amarok 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 is to be released tomorrow.
Any news on this? Without feedback within 2 weeks I will close this as solved.
Sorry, can't test this right now, don't have an internet connection at home where I use Amarok. Will be able to test it in the beginning of July.
Thank you for the fast feedback :) I will leave this open for now then.
Okay, I tested it [with this podcast: http://podcast.wdr.de/radio/wdr2kabarett.xml] and Amarok 2.4.1, my results:
- Download and playing: Episode is added to last.fm
- Streaming: When I start playing the episode it's appearing on last.fm, but just for around 30 seconds, after that it disappears and even when it finished playing it's not added to last.fm
So, the behavior is still inconsistent.
Thank you for the feedback.
Git commit 2fc6c25ee0f2eff758432c101ff82c87bc04a9e8 by Matěj Laitl.
Committed on 16/11/2012 at 19:03.
Pushed by laitl into branch 'master'.
StatSyncing: ChangeLog and BUG: tags for the final merge
This is a cummulative ChangeLog for my GSoC 2012 project, statistics
Individual commits responsible for the changes are earlier, but under
the same git merge.
* Track dragging support in Unique Tracks tab of the Synchronize Statistics action;
allows you to do a "diff" between collections and transfer missing tracks.
* Amarok now scrobbles tracks in streams if the stream correctly updates
* When scrobbling to Last.fm, Amarok announces suggested tag corrections.
* Ability to scrobble recently played tracks from iPod (and the like) to Last.fm.
* Synchronization of labels and rating between Last.fm and Amarok collections;
play count can be synchronized one-way from Last.fm to Amarok.
* Statistics synchronization between collections, supports rating, first / last
played time, play count and labels.
* Configure Amarok dialog gets new Metadata tab to grab some weight from the
Collection tab and to configure statistics synchronization.
* Better Last.fm scrobbling behaviour and error reporting due to rewrite,
should fix long-standing problems.
* Update stream meta-data correctly even with phonon-gstreamer back-end.
Related: bug 309697, bug 206249, bug 293320, bug 285820
DIGEST: Amarok statistics synchronization GSoC project merged with many features
and improvements, please see http://strohel.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
for more info and a bunch of screen shots.
GUI: Added statistics synchronization dialogs, split and one more config dialog tab
M +15 -0 ChangeLog