Version: 2.1.1 (using KDE 4.3.0)
Installed from: Gentoo Packages
Hi. I have been using Amarok 2.x for the past months, and a selection of bugs (which are luckily being addressed for 2.2 from what I understand) has rendered my statistics completely useless, as I've had to wipe the database numerous times. The only place where an accurate collection of stats exists is last.fm, which I have been using since Amarok 1.4.x. Would it be possible to implement a "reverse scrobbling" feature, where last.fm stats are transferred to amarok's database? I have found a script that used to do this on Amarok 1.4 http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Last+Sync?content=65784, so I know it is technically viable. An option could be added to the "import collection" button, in addition to Amarok 1.4 and iTunes.
Thanks in Advance
*** Bug 244585 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
It would be really nice to sync statisctics with last.fm.
In my example last.fm represents my playcount at best;)
*** This bug has been confirmed by popular vote. ***
Implemented by my GSoC , to be merged soon to Amarok master for 2.7.
*** Bug 214775 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Git commit 2fc6c25ee0f2eff758432c101ff82c87bc04a9e8 by Matěj Laitl.
Committed on 16/11/2012 at 19:03.
Pushed by laitl into branch 'master'.
StatSyncing: ChangeLog and BUG: tags for the final merge
This is a cummulative ChangeLog for my GSoC 2012 project, statistics
Individual commits responsible for the changes are earlier, but under
the same git merge.
* Track dragging support in Unique Tracks tab of the Synchronize Statistics action;
allows you to do a "diff" between collections and transfer missing tracks.
* Amarok now scrobbles tracks in streams if the stream correctly updates
* When scrobbling to Last.fm, Amarok announces suggested tag corrections.
* Ability to scrobble recently played tracks from iPod (and the like) to Last.fm.
* Synchronization of labels and rating between Last.fm and Amarok collections;
play count can be synchronized one-way from Last.fm to Amarok.
* Statistics synchronization between collections, supports rating, first / last
played time, play count and labels.
* Configure Amarok dialog gets new Metadata tab to grab some weight from the
Collection tab and to configure statistics synchronization.
* Better Last.fm scrobbling behaviour and error reporting due to rewrite,
should fix long-standing problems.
* Update stream meta-data correctly even with phonon-gstreamer back-end.
Related: bug 240732, bug 309697, bug 293320, bug 285820
DIGEST: Amarok statistics synchronization GSoC project merged with many features
and improvements, please see http://strohel.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
for more info and a bunch of screen shots.
GUI: Added statistics synchronization dialogs, split and one more config dialog tab
M +15 -0 ChangeLog