Version: 2.4.3 (using KDE 4.7.2)
As strange as it may sound, since I installed Kubuntu 11.10 on my computer and moved all my music to my new Home folder, with Amarok I can only scrobble and like the music that I already have. When I listen to music that I have added to my collection since then, my scrobbling history does not change and the list of liked songs does not change either.
Steps to Reproduce:
I haven't done anything specific that may have caused this. All I did was just to freshly install Kubuntu 11.10, which comes with Amarok, update it when it says that I should, and edit the settings for the Last.fm plug-in.
I expected to be able to scrobble and like songs that are recently added to my collection with Amarok.
OS: Linux (i686) release 3.0.0-12-generic
Can you please elaborate by the term "like the songs", perhaps what you meant was to rate them starwise?
(In reply to comment #1)
> Hi there,
> Can you please elaborate by the term "like the songs", perhaps what you meant
> was to rate them starwise?
To "Like" a track is to click on the heart button, this is independent from rating and an option of last.fm. You need to check if a track you liked shows up in your list on last.fm
(In reply to comment #2)
Thanks, for the info. I was unaware about the "like" functionality. I shall test it accordingly.
Git commit 2fc6c25ee0f2eff758432c101ff82c87bc04a9e8 by Matěj Laitl.
Committed on 16/11/2012 at 19:03.
Pushed by laitl into branch 'master'.
StatSyncing: ChangeLog and BUG: tags for the final merge
This is a cummulative ChangeLog for my GSoC 2012 project, statistics
Individual commits responsible for the changes are earlier, but under
the same git merge.
* Track dragging support in Unique Tracks tab of the Synchronize Statistics action;
allows you to do a "diff" between collections and transfer missing tracks.
* Amarok now scrobbles tracks in streams if the stream correctly updates
* When scrobbling to Last.fm, Amarok announces suggested tag corrections.
* Ability to scrobble recently played tracks from iPod (and the like) to Last.fm.
* Synchronization of labels and rating between Last.fm and Amarok collections;
play count can be synchronized one-way from Last.fm to Amarok.
* Statistics synchronization between collections, supports rating, first / last
played time, play count and labels.
* Configure Amarok dialog gets new Metadata tab to grab some weight from the
Collection tab and to configure statistics synchronization.
* Better Last.fm scrobbling behaviour and error reporting due to rewrite,
should fix long-standing problems.
* Update stream meta-data correctly even with phonon-gstreamer back-end.
Related: bug 240732, bug 309697, bug 206249, bug 293320
DIGEST: Amarok statistics synchronization GSoC project merged with many features
and improvements, please see http://strohel.blogspot.com/search/label/gsoc
for more info and a bunch of screen shots.
GUI: Added statistics synchronization dialogs, split and one more config dialog tab
M +15 -0 ChangeLog