Version: 1.0-beta8 (using KDE 3.3.1, (3.1))
Compiler: gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-3)
OS: Linux (i686) release 2.6.9
what about a link to the <enclosure> in a item (if present)
or simply display the enclosure if it's an image (with the possibility to omit this behaviuor...)
I second this, regarding the current growth of "podcasts" which rely on this technique.
*** Bug 105511 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** This bug has been confirmed by popular vote. ***
Example feed here: http://www.jazzpodcasts.net/de/wp-rss2.php
SVN commit 429033 by osterfeld:
hack enclosure support into the backend. This should do for 3.5, as we don't get the new parser written and tested until freeze.
M +26 -4 article.cpp
M +4 -0 article.h
M +3 -1 feedstorage.h
M +47 -0 feedstoragedummyimpl.cpp
M +3 -0 feedstoragedummyimpl.h
M +2 -2 librss/Makefile.am
M +12 -1 librss/article.cpp
M +4 -0 librss/article.h
A librss/enclosure.cpp [License: GPL (v2+) (+Qt exception)]
A librss/enclosure.h [License: GPL (v2+) (+Qt exception)]
M +1 -0 librss/librss.h
M +57 -3 mk4storage/feedstoragemk4impl.cpp
M +4 -0 mk4storage/feedstoragemk4impl.h
you offered me to add my wishlist. Here it comes.
- if the enclosure is a media file, add the link of the enclosure to the playlist of my favorite mediaplayer
- add a little <play> / <button> button next to the enclosure icon, maybe integrate noatun functionality
- if the enclosure is not a media file, associate it with the appropriate launcher programm, e.g. PDF with kpdf
- if I wish to download the enclosure, integrate download with kget
- keep a record which enclosures I have already downloaded (maybe have an icon with two or more status colours)
- it would be nice to mark a feed as podcast / feed with enclosure for filtering and searching
- have a special view where only enclosure with indication of their type, status, file size are shown with special actions for playlists, instant playing, downloading, e.g. if I click on a folder I can choose a not to view the list of articles but as a new tab the enclosures
Podcast.de - Das deutschsprachige Podcast-Portal
i would be happy if akregator could replace iPodder. I read a mail from the akregator ml, that it is not intended to replace a full featured podcast client.
But e.g. iPodder does not have that much features. They are useful and IMHO would nicely fit into a general rss-feed viewer, such as akregator.
A concrete wishlist:
- possibility to add enclosed links to a download queue (destination is some directory structure)
- Tab which displays queue content and downloaded files -> possibility to add some downloaded files to some playlist or open them etc. (perhaps via a context menu)
- display link enclosures -> possibility to open them in a new tab (e.g. pdf-files) or add them directly to another program
*** Bug 132520 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Is this going to be supported with the next akgrekator (main) release and kde4?
SVN commit 876185 by osterfeld:
display enclosures in the viewer
M +4 -0 interfaces/article.h
M +49 -0 src/article.cpp
M +51 -14 src/articleformatter.cpp
WebSVN link: http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=876185