This is digikam 3.0rc3.
The problem is with the import dialog, downloading from my canon eos 30d camera. Before 3.0 series, "download new" worked, but not anymore.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. connect camera
2. activate the import dialog
3. select "download new"
photos not yet in the digikam database imported
I can confirm that the same things happens to me. I even tried deleting the digikam database and starting over. It still does the same thing .
Same problem for me with digikam-3.0.0-1.fc18.1.i686
- in the 'import window', every pictures has a "info logo (i)" -> "The item download status is unknown"
- if I "Mark as downloaded" -> the "info logo" becomes a "V logo" (which indicates "item already downloaded") ; BUT if I close then reopen the import window => I get again "The item download status is unknown"
- the table "DownloadHistory" (from digikam4.db) is not modified after that operation or after a download.
Same thing happens to me.
Manually built on openSUSE 12.2.
Bug still present with digikam 3.1.0
Should add that I use a usb card reader with this behaviour.
*** Bug 317179 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Some problem. Absolute showstopper.
Same here 3.1.0 -- used to work. Vote for this problem! Maybe it'll help move up its priority.
I have the same issue here on opensuse 12.3, digikam 3.1.0
Really annoying because this is (or was ...) a great feature! Hope you are able to solve it soon!
Thanks in advance.
Same problem here on Slackware 14, tried digikam 3.1.0 and 3.2.0-beta1.
I'm using libgphoto 184.108.40.206., my camera is a Canon EOS 600D.
I have the same problem. Every time I reconnect my card reader the Digikam import box shows all the files on the card, and every one has the (i) "This item download status is unknown" info mark.
This is a major issue for me.
Digikam 3.0.0 on Gentoo.
Same for me, with digikam 3.2.0 on archlinux, with a Nikon D60 camera and libgphoto 2.5.1.
Just a confirmation that this is still present in 3.2.0, along with the disfunctional renaming during import from camera (there is probably a separate bug report for that)
yes, it is.
Simply code is commented on special place in Import UI. Look my comment here :
Søndag den 30. juni 2013 17:31:02 skrev du:
> --- Comment #14 from Gilles Caulier <email@example.com> ---
> yes, it is.
> Simply code is commented on special place in Import UI. Look my comment here
> Gilles Caulier
Bug still present in version 3.3.0
Can this "easy" fix be considered for 3.4.0 maybe?
Easy fix ???
Un-comment code is not enough to fix the problem. It miss code in new Qt4 model view implementation to handle download status and show an annotation in icon-view.
Sorry Gilles! I just read "I think it can be fixed easily."...
Still the same in digikam 3.4.0 on KDE 4.10
Just to confirm that the same happens to me with digikam 3.1.0 in kde 4.10.5 under kubuntu 13.04.
Is there a quickfix or workaround? If not, any alternative program I can use in the meantime to download my photos from the camera?
*** Bug 327969 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 281758 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Git commit 3255a77ead05270ccef2f00627f76e9a324c3f3d by Teemu Rytilahti.
Committed on 22/12/2013 at 18:43.
Pushed by rytilahti into branch 'master'.
- Use KUrl and make sure that the folder has a trailing slash. Otherwise call to setFileName() causes the end of the path to be removed and breaking the URLs for history.
- When listing files, request the status from history database for the current state.
- Also use only model and path information for PTP cameras, as port number changes on the fly, therefore breaking the hashes. Unfortunately this means that the old download history for PTP devices is lost.
- Use DownloadedNo to indicate "new" photos for the time being.
M +1 -0 libs/database/core/databasecorebackend.cpp
M +4 -3 libs/database/downloadhistory.h
M +5 -0 utilities/importui/backend/cameracontroller.cpp
M +1 -0 utilities/importui/backend/camiteminfo.cpp
M +2 -1 utilities/importui/backend/gpcamera.cpp
M +1 -1 utilities/importui/items/importoverlays.cpp
M +1 -1 utilities/importui/items/itemviewimportdelegate.cpp
M +2 -0 utilities/importui/main/importui.cpp
M +8 -2 utilities/importui/views/importiconview.cpp