Bug 276457 - Incorrect synchronization back from Nepomuk
Summary: Incorrect synchronization back from Nepomuk
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: digikam
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Database-Baloo (show other bugs)
Version: 2.0.0
Platform: Archlinux Packages Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Digikam Developers
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-06-25 11:49 UTC by barsanuphe
Modified: 2012-10-17 18:52 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In: 3.0.0


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description barsanuphe 2011-06-25 11:49:39 UTC
Version:           2.0.0 (using Devel) 
OS:                Linux

When synchronization is enable both ways (digikam <-> nepomuk), incorrect tagging occurs when digikam imports tags back from nepomuk. Tag structure is broken and accents have incorrect encoding. 

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
Use a picture with a tag like Architecture/Bâtiment.
Synchronize nepomuk and digikam tags.

Actual Results:  
The picture now has a B<?>timent tag (not a subtag of Architecture). <?> stands for the character put in by default when a character can't be decoded.

Expected Results:  
Nothing visible should occur.

Using Archlinux AUR packages digikam-git and kipi-plugins-git with Kde 4.7 beta from kde-unstable.

I don't know how to find out if it is more of a digikam or nepomuk problem, I'm submitting this with digikam as this is where I found the problem. 

In the meantime, I only enabled digikam to write into nepomuk and disabled the reverse.
Comment 1 caulier.gilles 2011-12-15 09:07:03 UTC
barsanuphe,

This file still valid using digiKam 2.4 ?

Gilles Caulier
Comment 2 Marcel Wiesweg 2012-10-17 18:44:54 UTC
Git commit b882df3641e6a3b6b0ff35552d1c9cda434e868e by Marcel Wiesweg.
Committed on 17/10/2012 at 18:36.
Pushed by mwiesweg into branch 'master'.

Disable the current implementation of a digikam-nepomuk integration.

By information from the Nepomuk maintainer, the relevant API have been replaced.
Essentially, the current code is at best not functional, at worst polluting your Nepomuk db.
A new implementation needs to be written based on current APIs.
Related: bug 258837, bug 264124, bug 282918, bug 283168, bug 304052, bug 279404, bug 305079

M  +35   -35   CMakeLists.txt
M  +12   -0    utilities/nepomuk/digikamnepomukservice.cpp
M  +13   -0    utilities/nepomuk/digikamnepomukservice.h

http://commits.kde.org/digikam/b882df3641e6a3b6b0ff35552d1c9cda434e868e