Version: 2.1 (using KDE 3.1.2)
Compiler: gcc version 3.3 (Ark Linux 1.0 3.3-2ark)
OS: Linux (i686) release 2.4.21-0.rc1.4ark
I'm not sure if this is a kate bug, if it isn't, please forward.
I added to the kate toolbar (Main Toolbar <KatePartView>, the item "Set Encoding" which places a combo box for setting the enconding of the opened and selected file on the toolbar.
Everything went fine, but the next time I opened kate, the toolbat was scrambled, some buttons where missing and some spaces where added, or something like that. If at that moment (with an scrambled toolbar), I open the toolbar editor, and I make some change and I apply, the toolbar gets fixed.
I can't reproduce this using HEAD.
I note that the "Set Encoding" item is available for both kate and kate part though,
and the kate one is not working at all.
me neither, close it
I have the same problem here, with Kate 2.2 (using KDE 3.1.92 CVS >= 20031007).
This is how I can reproduce the bug:
1. Add the "Scema" button to the kateparts toolbar.
2. Move the Files Tool View to the right hand side of Kate, and choose Overlap.
3. Show the File Selector Tool View, and choose Overlap.
4. Open several files.
5. Click on the different open files in the Files Tool View, and watch the toolbar scramblee the buttons and actually remove a few.
After a little bit of clicking here, I only have 6 out of 17 icons left in the toolbar! (Those buttons are: New File, Open File, Back, Forward, Close, and Schema.) When I'm down to those 6 buttons, they stop moving around. Also, the Schema doesn't always show up for all files.
I hope that this bug can be fixed ;-)
reopen it and mark as dup
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 64754 ***