Under KDE Plasma Wayland my applications don't re-open on the location where I have saved them. I have my windows always taking up half, quarters or full-screen. Under X11 the location where I have closed my window is saved. With Wayland the location varies and is not what I want it to be.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Start Wayland session
2. Open konsole and set it to cover the bottom-half of the screen horizontally
3. Close konsole
4. Re-open konsole
- Konsole is not opened in the bottom-half but opened in the top-left. It does cover the screen half horizontally, but the location is not correct.
- KeepassXC is always starting with my plasma session. I want it to show up on the right side of the screen for my flow. But it consistently opens on the left side and without the right size that I left it.
Applications open in the location I have closed them as they do under X11. Windows retain the correct size as I have closed them as under X11
Operating System: openSUSE Tumbleweed 20220216
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.8-1-default (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
1. I'm not sure this is the correct product and component. Please update accordingly.
2. Windows are set to open with minimal overlap.
Yeah, this doesn't work on Wayland the way we could make it (kind of) work on X11. It needs Bug 15329 to be implemented.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 15329 ***