Created attachment 141446 [details]
There's a weird interaction between playlist shuffling and enqueueing things to the playlist. When playlist shuffling is turned on the playlist sometimes displays bogus tracks names after adding new tracks to it. Only the playlist labels are bogus, when those entries are played, they play the correct underlying song.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Turn playlist shuffling on.
2. Open an album and start manually enqueueing tracks in sequential order.
3. After enqueueing a couple of tracks notice how the track names on the playlist are now bogus, there are several incorrectly repeated track names.
Operating System: KDE neon 5.22
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Cannot reproduce, works for me.
Did you enqueued the tracks one-by-one and not with the "enqueue the whole album" button? That's an important step for repro. Only breaks when the tracks are manually added, the enqueue whole album button works properly.
Also this bug is a bit spurious, sometimes it may not manifest itself until you added 4-5 items to the playlist. I posted a worst case scenario in that video.
I checked this bug on git master, I can still reproduce it there. (git 0dd33183)
Yeah, I did do that.
- Get KDE neon-unstable-20210905-0329.iso from https://neon.kde.org/download
- Start the live CD through VirtualBox
- Wait until the live CD boots to desktop
- Open Konsole
- $ sudo apt update
- $ sudo apt install elisa
- Close Konsole
- Open Elisa
- Hamburger -> Configure Elisa...
- Add New Location -> /usr/share/sounds
- Apply settings
- Wait until Elisa finishes importing the tracks
- Switch to the Tracks page
- Turn on playlist shuffling
- Enqueue tracks to the playlist one-by-one
- Watch the playlist get bogus
This is the most controlled procedure and environment I could come up with. If this cannot reproduce it for you, I'm out of ideas.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 439596 ***
Sorry, marked the wrong bug report as a duplicate
Created attachment 147101 [details]
Still reproducible after those large playlist changes: https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/elisa/-/merge_requests/328
Operating System: KDE neon unstable
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.80
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Graphics Platform: X11
A possibly relevant merge request was started @ https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/elisa/-/merge_requests/331
Git commit 2724e2b4bedaaaa51b36053409eb641752c78f04 by Nate Graham, on behalf of Martin Seher.
Committed on 28/02/2022 at 21:07.
Pushed by ngraham into branch 'master'.
Fix single track insert when playlist is shuffled
Wrong index is passed to beginInsertRows which messes up the displayed
M +1 -1 src/mediaplaylistproxymodel.cpp