Created attachment 135290 [details]
There are visual glitches when using konsole with transparency and blur enabled
when there is a window updating it's contents constantly and there's at least
one window between konsole and the updating window.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. open program that actively repaints it's screen (e.g. audacious while playing, warframe launcher)
2. open some other program (e.g. dolphin, system settings) and position it over the program as described in 1)
3. open konsole with enabled transparency and blur
Konsole will display rectangles and glitch in the areas which are updated in the program opened under 1)
Konsole doesn't render updates happening in culled windows
Linux/KDE Plasma: archlinux
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.90
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78
Qt Version: 5.15.2
x11, didn't test in wayland
Also, tested in wayland session, same thing happens.
> Also, tested in wayland session, same thing happens.
I use plasma 5.22.2 (kde neon, amd), and the bug still happens. I also have this on my laptop (intel) with kubuntu (plasma 5.18.5)
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.11-zen1-1-zen (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 31.3 ГиБ of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB/PCIe/SSE2
I saw a similar bug with popups of systray icons on Wayland session of Plasma 5.24.2 two days ago on Arch Linux. I use intel iGPU.
I have this issue as well with
Fedora 35 & nvidia GPU on X11
Created attachment 148665 [details]
the bug with Yakuake
With Yakuake (blur+transparency enabled), this bug can also be triggered without an animated window (see attached video):
1. Open Firefox (fullscreen).
2. Open KCalc and position it behind where Yakuake will open.
3. Open Yakuake and move mouse around the screen.
RESULT: the blur flickers and glitches where the KCalk window is.