[Discover with PackageKit, Snap, and Flatpak backends compiled from source on KDE Neon]
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add Flathub repo
2. Add GNOME nightly runtime repo (https://sdk.gnome.org/nightly/repo)
3. Add GNOME nightly apps repo (https://sdk.gnome.org/nightly/repo-apps)
4. Install gedit from Flathub
5. Install gedit from the GNOME nightly repo
6. Click the Launch button on the page for gedit from the GNOME nightly repo
- The GNOME nightly version of gedit launches
- The Flathub version of gedit launches
- Could not reproduce with Kdenlive when installed from Flathub and kdeapps. I could launch each independent version without issue.
- This breaks the user scenario where a user wants to temporarily switch to a different version of a Flatpak app, perhaps to verify that a bug is fixed or see whether they like a newer version.
Still present as of the latest commits on the Plasma/5.12 branch.
Can you check if you can reproduce with the CLI runtime?
flatpak run org.gnome.gedit//stable
flatpak run org.gnome.gedit//unstable
Can you please answer what I asked on the last comment?
Also yesterday I fixed some issues when there's several of these. Can you check if you can still reproduce?
Sorry, I missed that request.
Indeed, I can no longer reproduce; this now works! Fantastic news.