[Discover with the PackageKit, Snap, and Flatpak backends built from source in KDE Neon]
1. Add Flathub as a Flatpak source
2. Install the Flathub version of Kdenlive
3. Switch sources and install the PackageKit version of Kdenlive
4. Click the Launch button to launch the PackageKit version of Kdenlive
- The PackageKit version opens
- The Flatpak version opens
Happens with other apps (also tried gedit), and with other Flatpak sources (e.g. kdeapps). If a Flatpak version of a de-duplicated app is installed, attempting to launch PackageKit version from Discover instead launches the Flatpak version.
I can still launch the PackageKit version using Kicker/Kickoff, so it's not a total disaster, but still, not a great thing considering that people will probably launch apps from Discover fairly frequently after switching or installing new versions.
Git commit 59a93daa2fbe7099788729a02c6ea44669e4844d by Aleix Pol.
Committed on 25/01/2018 at 13:05.
Pushed by apol into branch 'Plasma/5.12'.
Have PackageKit only execute files installed by the package
M +18 -7 libdiscover/backends/PackageKitBackend/AppPackageKitResource.cpp
Confirming the fix, thanks!