text-ui window opened from quick chat plasmoid button doesn't send message and does't refresh if new message incoming. If I open new text-ui from contact list I'havent problems.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. open text-ui from chat plasmoid
2. write a message
Message isn't send and new incoming messages isn't visualized
message was sent correctly
I confirm this behaviour.
The bug appears in a variety of flavours:
* Sometimes the input line in text-ui is greyed out and I cannot enter text at all.
* Sometimes I can enter text, but after pressing enter no message is send to my peer and neither is anything displayed in the chat view above.
* Incomming messages often do not appear in the text-ui.
I also use the quickchat, which works throughout the whole time:
* Incomming messages are always displayed there.
* I can send messages from there.
* After opening the text-ui using the blue button, the quickchat vanishes as intended, but it will always reappear later.
* I do not close my quickchat manually using the X button, because it will reappear on the next incomming message anyway.
Can we get a log from the mission-control tab of ktp-debugger when this is hapenning
This is probably caused by:
We shouldn't be doing a requestClose if we're not handling the channel, which goes back to the problem here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=293637 which is very difficult to fix
without fixing TpQt
mission-control tab of ktp-debugger: http://paste.kde.org/717248/
after opening the ktp-chat-ui from quickchat, the debugger shows nothing, if i send a new message.
[14:29:39] <d_ed> could you add in the comment "d_ed says to look at line 43 and 47 and 87"
Proposed plan of action, technically a slightly bodge but we don't have any other option:
- Add method to Conversation delegateChannel();
- Move all calls to ChannelDelegator::delegateChannel() to here (there's one in ConversationsModel)
- Add private member to Conversation bool isDelegated; this should be set to default to false
- Conversation::delegateChannel() will set this to true
- Conversation::requestClose() should check "isDelegated == false" before calling channel->requestClose();
I also want something added to our ReleaseTesting wiki page so that we won't be broken in 0.7.0
Git commit f3a30eb36e174a38ca95fd1b7d2ea6a6c17fa281 by David Edmundson.
Committed on 09/04/2013 at 14:40.
Pushed by davidedmundson into branch 'kde-telepathy-0.6'.
Make sure ConversationModel never close a channels it is not handling
Related: bug 293637
M +10 -1 KTp/Declarative/conversation.cpp
M +1 -2 KTp/Declarative/conversations-model.cpp
*** Bug 318447 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***