Configure an IMAP resource (doesn't seem to matter whether online or disconnected, This issue occurs with both Exchange IMAP and Dovecot IMAP).
Right click on the account's top-level folder and choose "Add folder"
New mailbox is created on the IMAP server and on the local resource.
New folder is created on the IMAP server but does not appear locally. Akonadi repeatedly gives an error "Could not create collection".
Akonadi error log contains repeated entries :
Error during executing query "INSERT INTO CollectionTable (remoteId, remoteRevision, name, parentId, resourceId, cachePolicyInherit) VALUES (:0, :1, :2, :3, :4, :5)" : "Duplicate entry '189-DovecotTopLevel' for key 'CollectionTable_parentAndNameIndex' QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement"
the 189 and the DovecotTopLevel string obviously vary depending on parent ID and name of created mailbox.
Ok tree list is not refreshing.
When we recreate account it's here.
I can confirm this bug exists in master d911ba6
Setting status to confirmed.
KMail tries to create IMAP folder that already exists over and over again.
Error message: "<Account name>: Could not create collection <folder name> resourceld: 7"
Before I created the folder online on the web interface of my IMAP account, the error message was similar when I tried to create the folder, at least it also said 'resourceld'. But when I was on the web interface, I saw a folder ceated with a ' 1' (blank, one) appended.
The IMAP server of my provider seems to be home grown, it says
'* OK IMAP server ready H miweb105 92345'
Maybe this can help you to find the error..
I can confirm that. Note that creating a subfolder of a folder works, only creating a folder at top level fails.
A workaround is to remove and recreate the account.
*** Bug 295024 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Recreating the account is not a valid workaround, especially for large accounts.
It is also not a permanent solution as creating new folders trigers this bug again.
Still happening in 4.10.0, I'm afraid.
Git commit d8fd7a28e7d6d8a89dd398311d423118ff529718 by Andras Mantia.
Committed on 28/03/2013 at 22:45.
Pushed by amantia into branch 'KDE/4.10'.
1) Fix creation of new toplevel folders (and all its subfolder): it used to generate a broken remote id and separtor ("i") causing weird problems.
2) Make sure toplevel imap folders are shown immediately, without a need to sync the account (workarounds an ETM bug 291143)
3) Warn the user if creating a folder failed on server-side and remove the folder locally. Otherwise if creation failed, it was impossible to create again a folder with the same name,
as it was already a folder with that name in the akonadi cache...
4) Make sure deleting folder "foo" doesn't deleted all folders starting with "foo" as it did before.
5) Just fix folder deletion. :) It could fail in certain cases.
6) Fix and adapt the tests.
Reporters of closed bugs: if you can still see the bug in 4.10.2, please reopen and state the details.
Related: bug 312435, bug 305269, bug 301088, bug 292418, bug 291143
M +6 -1 resources/imap/addcollectiontask.cpp
M +1 -1 resources/imap/changecollectiontask.cpp
M +16 -0 resources/imap/imapresource.cpp
M +7 -0 resources/imap/imapresource.h
M +11 -8 resources/imap/removecollectionrecursivetask.cpp
M +1 -0 resources/imap/removecollectionrecursivetask.h
M +10 -0 resources/imap/resourcetask.cpp
M +2 -0 resources/imap/resourcetask.h
M +4 -1 resources/imap/tests/dummyresourcestate.cpp
M +7 -5 resources/imap/tests/testremovecollectiontask.cpp
Unfortunately, I still see this bug in KMail 4.10.5.
- Creating a folder via webinterface works, the folder is not shown in KMail or the Akonadiconsole, it IS shown in the webinterface.
- Creating a folder via KMail works, the folder is not shown in KMail, it IS shown in the Akonadiconsole and the webinterface.
- Creating a folder in Akonadiconsole works, the folder is not shown in KMail, it IS shown in the Akonadiconsole and the webinterface.
Same issue here. But it show up after I restart Kmail. Is this happen to you too?
The IMAP resource has a new maintainer, reassigning to him.
Please reopen if you can reproduce this with kdepim >= 4.11.3
Just tried out my testcase #2 with 4.12.2. Same result (folder is created, shown in akonadi console but not in KMail).