kmail2 cannot delete IMAP folders while creating one is no problem.
Folders can be deleted with another e-mail program such as thunderbird.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a folder on in an IMAP account
2. Try to deleted
3. Operations seems to be successful but the folder with come back within a second
The folder cannot be deleted.
The folder should be deleted.
reproduceable on kmail2 4.9.1 using kubuntu packages
Created attachment 76217 [details]
akonadi debug output
Confirmed on Kubuntu 12.10 with KDE 4.5.5
When trying to delete a folder in a folder here INBOX.Lists.boxeehacks - akonadi complains it cannot be found, and reinserts it in the list:
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (144, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 modified parts (uidnext, collectionflags, uidvalidity) )
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (144, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 modified parts (collectionquota, imapacl, timestamp, imapquota) )
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (144, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 removed )
AgentBase(akonadi_imap_resource_1): Failed to find the folder to be deleted, restoring folder list.
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (145, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 added )
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (145, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 modified parts (uidnext, collectionflags, uidvalidity) )
NotificationManager::notify ( Collection (145, .boxeehacks) in collection 82 modified parts (collectionquota, imapacl, timestamp, imapquota) )
(In reply to comment #2)
> Confirmed on Kubuntu 12.10 with KDE 4.5.5
I mean 4.9.5 of course ;)
Git commit d8fd7a28e7d6d8a89dd398311d423118ff529718 by Andras Mantia.
Committed on 28/03/2013 at 22:45.
Pushed by amantia into branch 'KDE/4.10'.
1) Fix creation of new toplevel folders (and all its subfolder): it used to generate a broken remote id and separtor ("i") causing weird problems.
2) Make sure toplevel imap folders are shown immediately, without a need to sync the account (workarounds an ETM bug 291143)
3) Warn the user if creating a folder failed on server-side and remove the folder locally. Otherwise if creation failed, it was impossible to create again a folder with the same name,
as it was already a folder with that name in the akonadi cache...
4) Make sure deleting folder "foo" doesn't deleted all folders starting with "foo" as it did before.
5) Just fix folder deletion. :) It could fail in certain cases.
6) Fix and adapt the tests.
Reporters of closed bugs: if you can still see the bug in 4.10.2, please reopen and state the details.
Related: bug 312435, bug 305269, bug 292418, bug 305987, bug 291143
M +6 -1 resources/imap/addcollectiontask.cpp
M +1 -1 resources/imap/changecollectiontask.cpp
M +16 -0 resources/imap/imapresource.cpp
M +7 -0 resources/imap/imapresource.h
M +11 -8 resources/imap/removecollectionrecursivetask.cpp
M +1 -0 resources/imap/removecollectionrecursivetask.h
M +10 -0 resources/imap/resourcetask.cpp
M +2 -0 resources/imap/resourcetask.h
M +4 -1 resources/imap/tests/dummyresourcestate.cpp
M +7 -5 resources/imap/tests/testremovecollectiontask.cpp