Version: 4.8 (using Devel)
kmail 4.8rc2 (kubuntu ppa packages)
KDE 4.7.97 (kubuntu ppa packages)
When an e-mail is marked manually as ham some error messages appear (Translated from German: "The Ressource Kmail-Folder is not unfunctional. The Resource is now online" and "Kmail-Folder: messages in the folder inbox can not be modified").
After a closing down and opening up KMail again the message is deleted and not available anymore.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Mark message manually as ham. (Error messages appear)
- Close Kmail
- Open Kmail
- Message marked as ham is deleted after a few minutes
message is marked as ham but deleted after a few minuts
message is marked as ham and not deleted
might be related to Bug 291042 at least the spam filter was also set up using the wizard
Yep, same problem here... it has been like this since beta2.
E-mails that are read and marked as HAM manually (not automatically by a filter rule) will be deleted the next time Kmail/Kontact is started.
This is how I can reproduce the behaviour:
1) Read an unread e-mail and then mark it as HAM. Marking the e-mail as HAM without reading will work correctly. Reading and marking should happen within the same session (without a restart of Kmail/Kontact).
2) After reading and marking, quit Kmail/Kontact, wait 10 minutes (or longer) and then start Kmail/Kontact. Starting Kontact/Kmail immediately after quitting may not show the wrong behaviour.
3) After starting Kmail/Kontact you can see the e-mail for a few seconds and then it disappears.
I've experienced the same behaviour with e-mails marked as something else than HAM and also e-mails that I'm going to send located in the outbox (these are very handy for testing).
This bug may be the same as:
this indeed looks like a duplicate of bug #289428 which has been fixed a couple of minutes ago in 4.8 branch and master. (see http://commits.kde.org/kdepim-runtime/13a5b94bf6a95e84675de540415877ab0ab212e9).
Can you retest, please?
The latest version I have now is 4.8.2. The e-mails don't get deleted anymore but there is also no visual indication in the e-mail list anymore (in the form of the green hook) after having performed the manual filtering. But the visual indication is probably a different bug...