Version: unspecified (using KDE 4.6.2)
KDM resets few system settings to default values after using it. I am not sure that you can reproduce this bug if you haven't changed this settings on your system: Fonts and Main Toolbar text.
1. Go to System Settings/Application Appearance/Fonts
2. Click on Adjust All Fonts.
3. Default Fonts on my system are Ubuntu fonts (Kubuntu 11.04 b2). Change it to something else, for example DejaVu Sans.
4. Go to KDM (System Settings/Login Screen/Theme) and change something (install new theme).
5. After that Fonts are again Ubuntu fonts (default value) and not DejaVu Sans as expected.
Main Toolbar text:
1. Default settings
2. My settings
3. After KDM
So as you can see "Main toolbar text" has changed from "No text" to "Text beside icons", and all this happens when you use KDM which has another bug (when you install new theme, new theme doesn't appear on list).
Reproducible: Didn't try
I also have this problem, it's very annoying, but after looking at this https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=264200, I think it's surely related to downstream packaging in kubuntu. Somebody should confirm this and then we would report a bug in launchpad.
I don't know. I will report it in Launchpad as soon as possible (tomorrow probably)... since there is no response to this bug here...
when ready, could you please attach here the link to the bug in launchpad? I would like to make them note that there is more people suffering it...
Here is report on Launchpad
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 264200 ***
Report on Launchpad is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdebase/+bug/766145