Version: (using KDE 4.3.2)
Installed from: Unlisted Binary Package
Did try both with KDE4.3.1 and KDE4.3.2
Simple network with 2 computers - windows xp home, alt linux 5 with KDE4. Windows XP shares public directory inside workgroup opened for everybody.
Dolphin/Konqueror can see this directory perfectly, come inside shared subdirectories, see files and open them, but:
1. Come into shared directory (there should be one or more file in OpenOffice format)
2. Click on the document so it opens in OpenOffice - document opens ok - close the document
3. Click on the document 2nd time so it opens in OpenOffice - document opens ok - close the document
4. Click on the document the 3rd time - document does not open - instead I receive dialog suggesting to enter login/password for the share (and it does not accept logins/passwords for any account existing on windows machine); further clicking on the document shows error dialog "access denied to smb://xxx"
that's the problem
1. open konsole
2. enter command ps -A | grep kio_smb - it would show 4 precesses - the 1st one corresponds to shred dir shown in dolphin, 3 others - to oo.org documents,
opened in OpenOffice (though they were closed long ago).
3. Kill 3 last processes one by one (keep the 1st one with dolphin)
4. Return to Dolphin and repeat all steps above - files would start open again, but only 2 times in a row - 3rd time brings password dialog again
5. (optionaly) one may kill only 2 last kio_smb processes instead of 3 (so 1 kio_smb for dolphin and 1 kio_smb for closed open office would be left) - so the document file would open only 1 time - the 2nd attempt would show password dialog, so 4 kio_smp processes seems to be magic number.
Manual mounting with cifsmount command gives no bugs.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 209431 ***