Version: (using KDE 4.1.1)
Installed from: SuSE RPMs
I sent an email in iso-8859-1 charset, and got reports back that Thunderbird couldn't read the email properly because the charset is set as
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso 8859-1"
It seems there's a dash missing, should be "iso-8859-1" I think.
I assume other mail clients can't read these mails properly either, at least also the email archive for our LUG has problems with it:
Incidentally, I previously had the exact same problem with KNode.
SVN commit 867007 by tmcguire:
Fix the charset name being "ISO 8859-xx" instead of "ISO-8859-xx".
This is because KCharsets::encodingForName() prefers to return something "human-readable" now,
thank you very much. I wonder why this worked in 3.5, the hypen seems to be missing there as well.
The KCharsets code is too much magic to be understandable unfortunatley.
Apparently KMail has been sending invalid messages ever since 4.1 was released.
I hope I didn't mix human- and machine-readable names anywhere, otherwise things will
break. This is also the reason I was too afraid to change this in kdelibs.