Version: (using Devel)
Installed from: Compiled sources
Compiler: gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 (Gentoo 4.1.2 p1.1)
On any web page with a select box, clicking on the box and choosing an entry will stop all input boxes from refreshing until the box is 'released' by clicking somewhere else.
Steps to reproduce:
- go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search
- when you move the pointer over select boxes and checkboxes, they will get highlighted (light-blue shadow)
- Click on the "MediaWiki Search" select box and choose something else; the content of the box changes
- Move the pointer over one of the checkboxes above; it will not get highlighted
- Choose another entry from the same select box; its content will not change
- Click somewhere on the site; the state is restored to normal
I compiled KDE using kdesvn-build.
When an item on the combobox is selected with the mouse, the combo box doesn't release the focus.
Confirmed using r822759.
Created attachment 25638 [details]
Non redirected widget
Removing the widget as redirected makes it avoid this situation. The problem is
showPopup() method, which if you see on console output, will even trigger X
Making it non redirected avoids this behavior, as well as not changing parent
This patch is plain wrong. Obviously, not redirecting the widget makes it impossible to zoom it correctly.
Looking in other way of fixing this issue.
I was just about to open a new report related to this: hovering on links stops working, the cursor changes shape and you can click but the target is not shown on the status bar.
I also checked, and on kde3 it worked fine.
fixed by Harri Porten,
*** Bug 174064 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***