Bug 94975 - Compilation failure with libartsflow.so
Summary: Compilation failure with libartsflow.so
Status: RESOLVED NOT A BUG
Alias: None
Product: arts
Classification: Miscellaneous
Component: general (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: unspecified Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Sebastian Trueg
URL:
Keywords:
: 107663 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2004-12-12 09:31 UTC by Guillermo Ballester Valor
Modified: 2005-06-18 17:18 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Guillermo Ballester Valor 2004-12-12 09:31:23 UTC
Version:           0.11.18 (using KDE KDE 3.3.2)
Compiler:          gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030226 (prerelease) (SuSE Linux)
 
OS:                Linux

I'm trying to compile my own rpm package k3b 0.11.18 with the build section -it complied and build OK for 0.11.17-:

%build
. /etc/opt/kde3/common_options
./configure $configkde \
%if %suse_version > 810
            --enable-resmgr \
%endif
            --disable-final
%__make

Then I received the following compilation error:

/bin/sh ../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O2 -march=i486 -mcpu=i686 -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION    -o k3b -L/opt/kde3/lib -L/usr/lib/qt3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -Wl,--enable-new-dtags  k3bwelcomewidget.o k3bapplication.o k3bdiroperator.o kdndfileview.o k3bfiletreeview.o k3bcddbmultientriesdialog.o k3baudioplayer.o k3bprojecttabbar.o k3bprojecttabwidget.o k3bsplash.o k3bblankingdialog.o k3bfileview.o k3bdirview.o k3btoolbox.o k3b.o main.o k3bstatusbarmanager.o k3bfiletreecombobox.o k3breadcdreader.o k3binterface.o k3bprojectinterface.o k3bsystemproblemdialog.o k3bcdcontentsview.o k3bwriterspeedverificationdialog.o k3bdatatrackreader.ok3binterface_skel.o k3bprojectinterface_skel.o ./cdinfo/libcdinfo.la ./option/liboption.la ./rip/librip.la ./cdcopy/libcdcopy.la ./dvdcopy/libdvdcopy.la ./videoEncoding/libvideoEncoding.la ./plugin/libk3bplugin.la -lartskde -lkio -lkparts ./device/libk3bdevice.la ./core/libk3bcore.la ./tools/libk3btools.la ./projects/libk3bproject.la ./images/libimagewriting.la
/opt/kde3/lib/libartsflow.so: undefined reference to `g_assert_warning'
/opt/kde3/lib/libartsflow.so: undefined reference to `g_return_if_fail_warning'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [k3b] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/k3b-0.11.18/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/k3b-0.11.18/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/k3b-0.11.18'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Actually, I update to most recent KDE 3.3.2 and arts 1.3.2
#rpm -q arts
arts-1.3.2-3

#rpm -q kdelibs3
kdelibs3-3.3.2-5

My system is a SuSE 8.2, kernel 2.4.20:

# rpm -q k_athlon
k_athlon-2.4.20-124

Guillermo.
Comment 1 J Appel 2004-12-12 18:27:03 UTC
a normal ./configure && make leads to the same brake with suse 9.2 on kde 3.2.2
and gcc version 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)
Comment 2 Stephan Binner 2005-02-13 22:44:25 UTC
Do you have more than one glib copy on your system?
Comment 3 david powell 2005-03-20 00:02:12 UTC
got same bug since update to kde 3.4

glib version 1.2.10-589
glib2 version 2.4.6-51

suse 9.2    kde 3.4.0-12 

Comment 4 Bernd Hieber 2005-03-24 10:25:12 UTC
I have exact the same behaviour: Before updating to KDE 3.4 is used KDE 3.3.1 (one SuSE 9.0), and everything was fine, i could compile k3b 0.11.21. Now, with KDE 3.4, i can't compile anymore ... 

...
/opt/kde3/lib/libartsflow.so: undefined reference to `g_assert_warning'
/opt/kde3/lib/libartsflow.so: undefined reference to `g_return_if_fail_warning' 
...
... and so on (exactly the same as the initial post here)

I have found something interesting here (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=111047842021427&w=2), but in fact, it doesn't help me. 

Does anybody know how to get this error out ?

... i am not a linux-expert, but i am also not a linux-newbie ... but THIS
error i can't solve myself ... please help me!

You can also mail to me: bernd.hieber@gmx.net
Comment 5 J Appel 2005-03-24 10:48:49 UTC
I believe it is *somehow* (tm) related to suse. since i use fedora, everythings fine again :)
Comment 6 Thiago Macieira 2005-03-24 12:35:18 UTC
Those two symbols aren't mentioned anywhere in arts source code. But I have people confirming that they appear in the resulting binaries.

The only logical conclusion for that is those symbols get introduced by glib headers (inline functions, #define, whatever).

That also means your problem is a binary incompatibility between version/revisions of glib. Whether it's the glib maintainers' fault, or your packagers', I can't tell.

But it is not a KDE bug and there is nothing we can do for you. Please recompile aRts or have it be recompiled and the problem should go away.
Comment 7 Thiago Macieira 2005-06-18 17:18:19 UTC
*** Bug 107663 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***