Created attachment 151678 [details]
Task manager currently swaps shown preview window too quickly. When going to select a preview instance of an app the mouse pointer will naturally touch other running app icons as part of travelling the shortest distance to the app preview. This causes the previous app preview to be lost.
Best way of understanding this is watching the attached video, I think.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Have a Task manager widget ready
2. Launch two of one app, one of another
2. Hover over the app with two instances, causing preview windows for the app to show
3. Attempt to take shortest route with mouse to 2nd instance to the right (that is: move diagonally)
4. This will cause the mouse to touch the app to the right of the current app in the task manager bar
The preview windows of the 2 app will disappear, and the preview window of the other app will appear
Some delay in showing the other app, allowing the user to select the 2nd instance of the originally previewed app.
Currently, the user must first go up and then to the right, to avoid touching any other app. This is super annoying!
Requiring the mouse to stand still on the app before switching preview would be great.
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version:
KDE Frameworks Version:
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 358930 ***