Created attachment 150612 [details]
Multi-screen layout broken after restart
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Configure a multi-screen layout: The main screen is the laptop screen at 1920 × 1080. Furthermore, there is a secondary screen (external screen) at 1280 × 1024, who is on the left of the primary screen, top-aligned. (see config.png)
2. Configure a panel with window list on each screen, showing only the windows of this screen itself.
3. Shut down and restart the computer, maybe various times.
Often (but not always), after a restart, the layout is broken:
- The primary screen at the right shows a strangely cut background image. The secondary screen at the left has no background image any more. (see bugscreenshot.png)
- A right-click with the mouse on the left/secondary screen has no effect. No context menu appears.
- The window list at the panel of the left/secondary screen does not show any windows, even when you move windows to this screen.
- The background image is correct on both screens.
- A right-click with the mouse on the left/secondary screen shows the context menu.
- The window list at the panel of the left/secondary screen shows all windows that are on this screen.
Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.92.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
Kernel Version: 5.15.0-41-generic (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 630
Created attachment 150613 [details]
Going to the configuration and changing slightly the position of the left monitor downwards (so that it is not top-aligned any more), applying it, then again configuring it as top-aligned as before, solves the problem temporary. But, after rebooting the computer, chances are that the bug appears again…
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 353975 ***