Accent color from wallpaper is inconsistent when you are having multiple activities (immediately after boot).
1. Enable 'Accent color from wallpaper'
2. Have 2 activities
3. On the first activity, select 'Image of the day' (for example use Simion's wallpapers)
4. On the second activity, have a plain simple wallpaper.
5. Wait 1 day before you relogin on your computer (so that the wallpaper will change for the first activity)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login after a day on your computer (so that the 'Image of the day' differs from the one you had)
2. Switch to your second activity (the one with your static wallpaper)
3. Switch back to your second activity (the one with the 'Image of the day' wallpaper).
1. Immediately after you login, for a few seconds (around 2) you see the previous 'Image of the day' before it's being changed to the current 'Image of the day'. (*this behaviour could be considered a bug) After the image was changed, the accent color is not updated to reflect the new image (Login1.png)
2. After you switch to your second activity, your accent colors are still not updated to the wallpaper from this activity. (Login3.png)
3. After you switch back to your first Activity, the 'Accent color from wallpaper' kicks in and changes the color of your shell. (Login5.png). It won't change however the icons of directories that have things drawn on top of them until you refresh the directory (or change it and go back). Look at the 'Imagini' directory in Login5.png
Linux/KDE Plasma: Plasma master (Wayland session)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.90 master
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.93 master
Qt Version: 5.15
After you switched back to your first activity (step 3), when you will change the activity, the accent color picker will work as expected. See Login7.png
Created attachment 148441 [details]
after login wallpaper change
Created attachment 148442 [details]
Login2.png - before activity switching
Created attachment 148443 [details]
Login3.png - After the activity was switched. No color change.
Created attachment 148444 [details]
Login4.png - before switching back to the first activity
Created attachment 148445 [details]
Login5.png - Color finally changed, but not for icons with overlays.
Created attachment 148446 [details]
Login6.png - before switching to the second activity again
Created attachment 148447 [details]
Login7.png - the accent color was identified correctly for the second activity
Created attachment 148448 [details]
Login8.png - The icons with overlay changed their color after changing the directory and going back home.
For the overlay color issue described at Observed Step 3 a new separate issue was created at: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=453235