There is no way to prevent the progress dialog shown while doing "Save link as ..." to save an enclosure, and no way to prevent the "done" notification when saving is finished. Please provide a setting or settings for these.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. View an item that has an associated enclosure (such as an MP3 file).
2. Right-click on link for enclosure.
3. Select "Save link as ...".
4. See progress dialog as file is saved.
5. See "done" notification when file-saving is done.
6. Have to close notification manually; I don't think it times out.
Do you have an example for RSS which has it ?
(More easy to debug/fix it)
we can disable "done" notification now.
(I added patch for next release)
not possible to disable 'start' notification