Most of the time, when hovering over an open media player icon to hit play/pause, I accidentally touch a neighboring icon, and that immediately gets rid of the current popup.
Also, when the media player is playing audio, there's a "mute" icon on its top-right corner, and hovering that icon can sometimes also get rid of the popup.
Attached are some screenshots and GIFs of this behavior.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open a media player
2. Hover over its icon on the task manager
3. Try hitting the play button
4. Accidentally mouse over the next icon on the task manager for a split second
5. Notice that the popup for the media player immediately disappears
6. To work around it, carefully move the cursor first straight up, then to the right, to hit the play button
7. Now, with the music playing, try hovering over the media player icon on the task manager, but put the cursor over the "mute" button
8. Notice that the popup doesn't open if the cursor is over "mute", and if the popup is open, hovering "mute" also closes it
9. To work around it, carefully avoid hovering the "mute" button
Any split-second mistake will cause the popup to close, requiring a lot of care and precision to successfully work with it, and the "mute" button is ignored, as if not part of the task icon.
The task manager popup should be a lot more forgiving, waiting for a bit before immediately closing, and the "mute" button should also be treated as hovering over the icon.
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.91.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.15.25-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
GIFs and images: https://imgur.com/a/JVf6Vm5
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 358930 ***