Created attachment 145726 [details]
Breeze Light/Dark theme has no blur, panel widgets don't behave properly on opening and closing. After a while, random shapes appear like flickering.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Login to a Plasma Wayland session with NVIDIA GPU.
2. Look at the panel. Breeze theme is problematic.
3. Install another theme. For example when i switch to Layan theme and then log out and log in again there is blur in the panel and everything works correctly.
Breeze theme is not presented correctly.
Breeze theme is presented correctly. There is blur and the transition effects are smooth. Random shapes like flickering do not appear.
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.90
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB - Proprietary Driver 510.39.01
Showcase with 5.23.90 : https://imgur.com/a/AHNYfpX
(In reply to pengnu from comment #1)
> Showcase with 5.23.90 : https://imgur.com/a/AHNYfpX
Another showcase with 5.23.2 : https://imgur.com/a/WA9qLFz
Sounds like graphical glitches at a level below Plasma. Moving to KWin.
*** Bug 448931 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I just want to add that:
* Some other "Plasma Style" themes work correctly, even with translucency/blur.
* Translucent/blurred "Window Decorations" are properly rendered.
With the EGLStreams backend instead of gbm, the effect was the exact opposite. Plasmashell would be correctly rendered, while qt apps wouldn't.
It looks like a driver issue, the contents of buffers become invalid after closing a window. Can you report this issue to nvidia developers please?
This should be fixed by https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/2358
That was merged, marking as RESOLVED FIXED. Thanks Erik!