Bug 439205 - language tool, language list error
Summary: language tool, language list error
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: kmail2
Classification: Applications
Component: composer (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: OpenSUSE Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: kdepim bugs
URL:
Keywords:
: 439389 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2021-06-27 08:35 UTC by Philippe ROUBACH
Modified: 2021-08-19 10:50 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In: 5.17.3


Attachments
the error message (90.90 KB, image/png)
2021-06-27 08:35 UTC, Philippe ROUBACH
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Philippe ROUBACH 2021-06-27 08:35:47 UTC
Created attachment 139682 [details]
the error message

SUMMARY


STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. click on "new mail"
2. window composer opens
3. 

OBSERVED RESULT

an error message is displayed about language list

EXPECTED RESULT

no error message

SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Windows: 
macOS: 
Linux/KDE Plasma: 
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.1
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.83.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

kde gear 21.04.2
kmail 5.17.2
Comment 1 Aldo Latino 2021-06-27 16:31:42 UTC
I confirm to have the same error. The problem is caused
Comment 2 Aldo Latino 2021-06-27 16:33:57 UTC
I have the same error. This is caused by a Kmail plugin that uses languagetool.org.
Comment 3 Colin J Thomson 2021-06-27 16:43:23 UTC
Yes it is, so for now I have disabled the plugin.
Comment 4 Laurent Montel 2021-06-27 17:16:28 UTC
Hi,
I saw it last Friday, no idea why now it reports a problem.
I will investigate tomorrow.
Regards
Comment 5 Laurent Montel 2021-06-27 18:03:59 UTC
Git commit 5421e8555ee046bb5a33a834666a0d69a08aee5d by Laurent Montel.
Committed on 27/06/2021 at 18:03.
Pushed by mlaurent into branch 'release/21.04'.

Fix Bug 439205 - language tool, language list error

FIXED-IN: 5.17.3

M  +1    -1    kmail/grammarplugins/languagetool/src/languagetoolmanager.cpp
M  +2    -2    kmail/grammarplugins/languagetool/tests/languagetoolwidget.cpp

https://invent.kde.org/pim/kdepim-addons/commit/5421e8555ee046bb5a33a834666a0d69a08aee5d
Comment 6 Laurent Montel 2021-06-27 18:17:18 UTC
So they changed api url.
Before it was "https://languagetool.org/api/v2/" now it's https://api.languagetoolplus.com/v2/

I changed it.
But saved settings must be updated 
I will add a reset button now.
Comment 7 Christophe Giboudeaux 2021-07-02 06:55:39 UTC
*** Bug 439389 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Daniel Kraus 2021-07-05 18:18:12 UTC
As a workaround until the fix is released, click the checkbox "Use local instance" in Grammar Checker's settings, and enter https://api.languagetoolplus.com/v2/ as the 'local' URL. Works for me.
Comment 9 Rainer Dorsch 2021-07-06 11:31:00 UTC
Where are the grammartool settings located?

In the module dialog I can select the grammartool but I cannot configure it.
Comment 10 Laurent Montel 2021-07-06 14:43:51 UTC
(In reply to Rainer Dorsch from comment #9)
> Where are the grammartool settings located?
> 
> In the module dialog I can select the grammartool but I cannot configure it.

Try to resize dialog box you will see a button to configure it
Comment 11 Daniel Kraus 2021-07-06 15:08:14 UTC
(In reply to Rainer Dorsch from comment #9)
> Where are the grammartool settings located?
> 
> In the module dialog I can select the grammartool but I cannot configure it.

Or see the screenshot here:

https://postimg.cc/cgfTC8Q3
Comment 12 Rainer Dorsch 2021-07-06 19:16:23 UTC
Many thanks, finding the settings was far from obvious for me.

Worked well.
Regards
Comment 13 avlas 2021-08-19 10:43:54 UTC
I don't think the issue is totally fixed, at least when using the local instance. The problem in this case is that languages are searched in 
the /v2/languages/languages path instead of in the /v2/languages path, where the actual language list is present (note /ĺanguages is added twice). In the meantime I disabled the local instance to get it working, but I prefer not sending my emails on the Internet.
Comment 14 avlas 2021-08-19 10:50:46 UTC
(In reply to avlas from comment #13)
> I don't think the issue is totally fixed, at least when using the local
> instance. The problem in this case is that languages are searched in 
> the /v2/languages/languages path instead of in the /v2/languages path, where
> the actual language list is present (note /ĺanguages is added twice). In the
> meantime I disabled the local instance to get it working, but I prefer not
> sending my emails on the Internet.

In fact, I wonder if my issue might be a regression of the fix