STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open the annotation tool and change a few annotation tool settings from their defaults. For example, I often use the Rectangle tool, change the color to red (default is gray), and switch to "Border and No Fill" (default is filled).
2. Annotate the image, hit Annotation done, and close Spectacle.
3. Re-open Spectacle, take another screenshot and re-open the annotation tool.
Annotation tool settings revert to their defaults.
Previously selected tool settings are restored.
Linux/KDE Plasma: KDE neon 5.21
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.81.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
This is my wish too. It's annoying to set my preferred settings for Text tool again every time I want to use it because they were not remembered when closing Spectacle last time I used said tool.
A possibly relevant merge request was started @ https://invent.kde.org/graphics/spectacle/-/merge_requests/105
Git commit 473d554a1d085d40d7d07dfccc9991f65f96e979 by Antonio Prcela.
Committed on 05/12/2021 at 18:34.
Pushed by ngraham into branch 'master'.
Save Annotation tool settings across launches
Save Annotation tool settings across launches, so the user always has, for example,
the same font settings in the annotator.
M +1 -0 src/Gui/KSWidget.cpp
*** Bug 449071 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I'm using kubuntu 22.04 with latest updates and I'm still seeing this bug:
1. perform "rectangular region" screenshot
2. annotate the screenshot (e.g. change text color to red)
3. close spectacle (using the close button in title bar)
4. perform another screenshot
5. text color is again gray