Bug 435832 - kleopatra crash on encrypting multiple files
Summary: kleopatra crash on encrypting multiple files
Status: REPORTED
Alias: None
Product: kleopatra
Classification: Applications
Component: Assuan UI Server (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: Mint (Ubuntu based) Linux
: NOR crash (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Andre Heinecke
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2021-04-16 23:51 UTC by Strongheart
Modified: 2021-04-18 09:10 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments
kleopatra output when started from command line (4.19 KB, text/plain)
2021-04-16 23:51 UTC, Strongheart
Details
backtrace (5.17 KB, text/plain)
2021-04-17 21:12 UTC, Strongheart
Details
The dependencies of kleopatra in the Linux Mint (Ubuntu) package (3.81 KB, text/plain)
2021-04-17 21:17 UTC, Strongheart
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Strongheart 2021-04-16 23:51:15 UTC
Created attachment 137663 [details]
kleopatra output when started from command line

SUMMARY


STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. go to  Menu "Sign / Encrypt.."
2. select more than one file and click "open"
3. 

OBSERVED RESULT


EXPECTED RESULT


SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
Windows: 
macOS: 
Linux/KDE Plasma: 
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 
KDE Frameworks Version: 
Qt Version: 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Comment 1 Strongheart 2021-04-16 23:51:33 UTC
Version 3.1.8 (19.12.3)
Comment 2 Laurent Montel 2021-04-17 05:50:05 UTC
Please install debug package as we need backtrace.
Thanks
Comment 3 Strongheart 2021-04-17 19:19:03 UTC
Where can I find a debug package?
Comment 4 Strongheart 2021-04-17 21:12:11 UTC
Created attachment 137674 [details]
backtrace

I hav built the version 19.12.3 by myself now. For this I had to install some dependencies.
The resulting kleopatra binary runs fine - and so did the original binary, that has been installed from the Linux Mint repos.
So I removed most of the just installed dependencies, and there was the error again (see attachment).
Comment 5 Strongheart 2021-04-17 21:17:12 UTC
Created attachment 137675 [details]
The dependencies of kleopatra in the Linux Mint (Ubuntu) package
Comment 6 Strongheart 2021-04-18 08:41:10 UTC
This is the library that seems to have been missing:

libkf5libkleo-data

When I reinstall it, kleopatra works fine again.

Used System:
System:    Kernel: 5.4.0-72-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6 
wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.1 Ulyssa base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal
Comment 7 Strongheart 2021-04-18 09:10:25 UTC
added report also in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kleopatra/+bug/1924901