STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Open the settings of Spectacle and define a global shortcut for "Capture Rectangular Region". In my case, the shortcut is Meta+R
2. Turn off the option "Include mouse pointer"
3. Quit Spectacle. You may see the desktop or another window.
4. Make sure the mouse pointer is visible on the screen, and hit the shortcut (in my case Meta+R). Now the mouse pointer immediately freezes at its current position, and a new (second) "grabby hand" mouse pointer appears to adjust the rectangular region for the screenshot.
5. Make sure the rectangular region includes the frozen mouse pointer. Hit "Enter" to do the screenshot.
The frozen mouse pointer appears in the screenshot, although the "include mouse pointer" option is still unchecked.
Once the "grabby hand" mouse pointer of Spectacle appears, the original mouse pointer should disappear rather than freeze in place. No mouse pointer should be visible in the screenshot.
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version:
KDE Frameworks Version:
However, when I repeat above steps with the "Include mouse pointer" option checked, the mouse pointer still freezes, and I only see the frozen one but not the actual active mouse pointer. The option "Include mouse pointer" has no effect in this situation.
Confirmed on 20.12.0. The cursor is not disappearing, it is frozen at the point you hit the shortcut key.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 392057 ***