Created attachment 124754 [details]
screenshot of kontact main screen next to system information window
Kontact and all kdepim apps "look weird" and don't work right
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Wish if I knew how to reproduce - my laptop has the same rpm packages installed and does not show the weird behaviours I'm seeing.
kontact and the kdepim apps like kmail, korganizer, etc show several weird behaviours:
- in kontact the vertical icon bar on the left is not working
- in all kdepim apps the fonts are wrong (bigger, and not antialiased)
- applications crash
I'd expect the kdepim applications to "work normally"
Operating System: openSUSE Leap 15.1
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.65.0
Qt Version: 5.14.0
Kernel Version: 4.12.14-lp151.28.36-default
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 31,4 GiB
the computer where this is happening has a nvidia card with the nvidia blob driver, and ~/ on nfs - and kontact here takes several minutes to start
the computer that works normally has intel onboard graphics with nvidia as secondary (optimus), and ~ on local ssd
attached is a screenshot of kontact and the "about this system" popup to compare the fonts.
there's way more "weird behaviour":
- akregator fails to load news sources
- akregator fails to load the list of news sources
- akregator UI buttons on the "main view" are not clickable, for example the "reload session" button that appears when you start akregator after an unclean quit
Wrong fonts are because of a regression in Qt 5.14.0.