Created attachment 121223 [details]
Login Date Language screenshot
Language/Region settings do not relate to the choices set in the installer
Version: KDE Neon 5.16.2 User Edition 64bit
Follwo these steps:
Start a new Install and enter the following choices
- Please choose a language for this computer: English
- Keyboard Layout: English UK
- Region: Europe
- Time Zone: Germany
After install restart and
1) See the Login Screen has the date in German. Not OK!(see screenshot 1)
2) Then check Regional Settings are not OK: (see screenshot 2)
- Languages: None set (OK)
- Formats: Region: United States En_US (Not OK)
- Numbers, Time, Currency, Units: Deutschland (Not OK)
- Spell Check: American English (Not OK)
Then change all settings to English and UK
Then restart and see the Login Screen Date language is still in German. Not OK!
No solution was found to correct the Login date language.
1) Login Date Language should be correct to user settings. No workaround!!
2) Settings should relate to user choices during installation. Workaround is edit them after.
Created attachment 121224 [details]
2 Regional Settings after install
See also Bug 327757 https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=327757
this issue persists with neon unstable at least.
This issue is present also with Kubuntu 22.04