Bug 404264 - video can not add to timeline
Summary: video can not add to timeline
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: kdenlive
Classification: Unclassified
Component: User Interface (show other bugs)
Version: 18.12.2
Platform: Other Linux
: NOR crash (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jean-Baptiste Mardelle
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2019-02-12 21:08 UTC by seeds
Modified: 2019-03-31 17:23 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:
fritzibaby: timeline_corruption+


Attachments
problem solving.kdenlive (47.11 KB, application/x-kdenlive)
2019-02-14 09:44 UTC, seeds
Details
attachment-853-0.html (1.51 KB, text/html)
2019-02-14 09:46 UTC, seeds
Details
Error_Loading into Kdenlive (300.80 KB, image/png)
2019-02-14 17:30 UTC, emohr
Details
attachment-20805-0.html (2.05 KB, text/html)
2019-02-14 20:24 UTC, seeds
Details
attachment-27243-0.html (1.25 KB, text/html)
2019-02-15 21:13 UTC, seeds
Details
attachment-7440-0.html (1.37 KB, text/html)
2019-02-17 13:46 UTC, seeds
Details
attachment-8078-0.html (3.02 KB, text/html)
2019-03-26 13:04 UTC, seeds
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description seeds 2019-02-12 21:08:40 UTC
SUMMARY
videos can not be added to timeline. This was cause by my following action:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. creat a standard timeline estructure(inludes: intro, outtro, background music, ect) that i use in every video creation
2. use this ready estructure for every video editing
3. only add the new video and a small adjusting, a new video is ready to render

OBSERVED RESULT
but after copy this ".kdenlive document format structure", finally, all the already existing clips deseapear from the libary, and i can not add new element from the libary to the timeline

EXPECTED RESULT
as it is a copied .kdenlive document, every element in the tiemline should show in the library. on the other hand, the timeline should allow to add new element.


SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS:
Windows: 
MacOS: 
Linux/KDE Plasma: 
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 
KDE Frameworks Version: 
Qt Version: 

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Comment 1 emohr 2019-02-13 19:59:05 UTC
Some import problem of old Kdenlive files are known. Could you please upload your “standard timeline estructure“ then I can open an issue for this. 

BTW: Do you work with the AppImage?
From where do you get version 18.12.2?
Comment 2 seeds 2019-02-14 09:44:16 UTC
Created attachment 118062 [details]
problem solving.kdenlive

thanks for the quick reply.

please see the attachment for the standard structure.
when we update the overall system, the new versión 18.12.2 kdenlive was
automatically installed and updated. It is from the arch linux file:
"kde-applications-meta".

as you can see in the attached file
1, you can edit in the timeline, but you can not add any new element from
the library
2, all the current elements in the timeline are not showing in the library.
this is also happening to all my other .kdenlive files
3, when I add one new video in the library, this new video will also appear
in all my other .kdenlive files.

thank you for your support.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 20:59, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:

> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>
> emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  CC|                            |fritzibaby@gmx.net
>               Flags|                            |timeline_corruption+
>
> --- Comment #1 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
> Some import problem of old Kdenlive files are known. Could you please
> upload
> your “standard timeline estructure“ then I can open an issue for this.
>
> BTW: Do you work with the AppImage?
> From where do you get version 18.12.2?
>
> --
> You are receiving this mail because:
> You reported the bug.
Comment 3 seeds 2019-02-14 09:46:02 UTC
Created attachment 118063 [details]
attachment-853-0.html

oh, I don´t know what is appiamge. and I think I am not using it.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 20:59, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:

> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>
> emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                  CC|                            |fritzibaby@gmx.net
>               Flags|                            |timeline_corruption+
>
> --- Comment #1 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
> Some import problem of old Kdenlive files are known. Could you please
> upload
> your “standard timeline estructure“ then I can open an issue for this.
>
> BTW: Do you work with the AppImage?
> From where do you get version 18.12.2?
>
> --
> You are receiving this mail because:
> You reported the bug.
Comment 4 emohr 2019-02-14 17:30:07 UTC
Created attachment 118079 [details]
Error_Loading into Kdenlive

When I load your Kdenlive file into Kdenlive I get a comma/point error. 

In version 18.12.1 the library function is broken so I load it into the Refactoring version as well and I got different results. But I can add in both cases additional clips via bin into the timeline. 

Opening your file under Kdenlive Windows I get a crash. After exchanging the comma in the file with a point it can be loaded in Windows Kdenlive. 

Does your file contain library items?
Comment 5 seeds 2019-02-14 20:24:55 UTC
Created attachment 118085 [details]
attachment-20805-0.html

Hi thanks,
No,  the file does not contain any item in the libary. Though in the
timeline there are some elements, but they do not appear in the library, as
this is one of the problem.
About the comma, I did not see any warning from my linux end. I also
changed several versions of comma, it does not help.

Today I tried this file in another my linux computer, it works perfectly.
In mine, it worked well for 2 years, and now it does not. I just can´t find
the reason. It should be a problem of my computer.

un saludo,

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 18:30, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:

> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>
> --- Comment #4 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
> Created attachment 118079 [details]
>   --> https://bugs.kde.org/attachment.cgi?id=118079&action=edit
> Error_Loading into Kdenlive
>
> When I load your Kdenlive file into Kdenlive I get a comma/point error.
>
> In version 18.12.1 the library function is broken so I load it into the
> Refactoring version as well and I got different results. But I can add in
> both
> cases additional clips via bin into the timeline.
>
> Opening your file under Kdenlive Windows I get a crash. After exchanging
> the
> comma in the file with a point it can be loaded in Windows Kdenlive.
>
> Does your file contain library items?
>
> --
> You are receiving this mail because:
> You reported the bug.
Comment 6 emohr 2019-02-15 17:07:30 UTC
Goto settings -> Run Config Wizard. Do you get any error message?

It could be that some part of your installation are missinng on your computer.

Please try with the current Kdenlive AppImage version 18.12.1b on your computer: 
https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/ 

Run the Appimage from the terminal (press CTRL + ALT + T). Move to the AppImage folder and run the .AppImage: ./Kdenlive*.AppImage
Comment 7 seeds 2019-02-15 21:13:18 UTC
Created attachment 118123 [details]
attachment-27243-0.html

Hi, Thank you very much. It works now!

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 18:07, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:

> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>
> --- Comment #6 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
> Goto settings -> Run Config Wizard. Do you get any error message?
>
> It could be that some part of your installation are missinng on your
> computer.
>
> Please try with the current Kdenlive AppImage version 18.12.1b on your
> computer:
> https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/
>
> Run the Appimage from the terminal (press CTRL + ALT + T). Move to the
> AppImage
> folder and run the .AppImage: ./Kdenlive*.AppImage
>
> --
> You are receiving this mail because:
> You reported the bug.
Comment 8 emohr 2019-02-17 12:47:21 UTC
Thank you for the feeback.

It seems the problem is solved. We closed this bug. If it still appears in the latest version, please feel free to re-open it and update the affected version number.
Comment 9 seeds 2019-02-17 13:46:45 UTC
Created attachment 118154 [details]
attachment-7440-0.html

ok, appreciated your help! thanks again!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 13:47, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:

> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>
> emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> changed:
>
>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>              Status|REPORTED                    |RESOLVED
>          Resolution|---                         |WORKSFORME
>
> --- Comment #8 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
> Thank you for the feeback.
>
> It seems the problem is solved. We closed this bug. If it still appears in
> the
> latest version, please feel free to re-open it and update the affected
> version
> number.
>
> --
> You are receiving this mail because:
> You reported the bug.
Comment 10 seeds 2019-03-26 13:04:28 UTC
Created attachment 119054 [details]
attachment-8078-0.html

Hi,

Can I give some feedback about the title clip function to better this
software? I find some incovinience using it.

1, when I creat a title clip, I have to drop it to the timeline----the drop
accion can be saved---when you creat a clip, it locates at the play line
automatically which will be more efficiente,right?

2, when you want to edit, you have to locate it first  in the libary---why
can´t be edited the title clip directely at the timeline---this drives me
cray especially when I have a lot of title clips

3, when you are creating a title clip, you can not edit the clip name in
the same window. to modify the name of the clip you have close the text
editing window first and then modify it in the libary. this is a lot of
work, as usually when the text in the clip is too small to see the content,
so you have to rename the clip to identify each one. Can you add a funcion
that the  tile clip automatically capture the firest line of its content as
its name ? which will save a lot of time!!

I love kdenlive because it reacts fast  but the text editing and text
animation is very complicated and time consuming.

thank you for your support in advance.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 14:46, Seeds Liang <lqlovefamily@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok, appreciated your help! thanks again!
>
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 at 13:47, emohr <bugzilla_noreply@kde.org> wrote:
>
>> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=404264
>>
>> emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> changed:
>>
>>            What    |Removed                     |Added
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>              Status|REPORTED                    |RESOLVED
>>          Resolution|---                         |WORKSFORME
>>
>> --- Comment #8 from emohr <fritzibaby@gmx.net> ---
>> Thank you for the feeback.
>>
>> It seems the problem is solved. We closed this bug. If it still appears
>> in the
>> latest version, please feel free to re-open it and update the affected
>> version
>> number.
>>
>> --
>> You are receiving this mail because:
>> You reported the bug.
>
>
Comment 11 emohr 2019-03-31 17:23:33 UTC
Thank you for your input. We intend to re-write the titler. I put your ideas into here: https://phabricator.kde.org/T10747