When Kicker's search result expand horisontally (with file search enabled), using the arrow keys to navigate will start from the point where the cursor is located - even when the cursor is inactive. This is reproducable if you use a keyboard shortcut to open Kicker (because you don't have to move the cursor to search).
1. Enable Kicker's 'expand search results to bookmarks, files, e-mails'
2. Locate the cursor somewhere in the middle of the screen (so it will float over the search results)
3. Open Kicker with a key shortcut (without moving cursor)
4. Search for something that will open results in at least 3 colums ('Applications, command line, desktop search').
5. Try to navigate with the ↓ key.
The navigation will start in the column where the cursor is, *not* in the first column ('Applications')
Not reproducable with Kickoff or Krunner.
Wasn't this fixed with the commit https://commits.kde.org/plasma-desktop/1692ae244bc5229df78df2d5ba2e76418362cb50 ?
No, that's an unrelated patch.