BibLaTeX uses "file" instead of "localfile":
> file field (verbatim)
> A local link to a pdf or other version of the work.
> Not used by the standard bibliography styles.
KBibTeX uses "localfile" also in BibLaTeX mode. It should use "file" instead.
When I edit "localfile" to "file" in the Source tab and apply, then it is changed. However, if I visit the External tab (where the file is listed), then it is changed to localfile *without* indication, i.e., the Appply button does not activate, so selecting Ok modifies the entry without warning.
Yes, I can confirm this issue. In KBibTeX's code, basically all use scenarios of 'localfile' must be rewritten to treat 'file' equally when parsing/reading data and switching between 'localfile' and 'file' when writing BibTeX or BibLaTeX data, respectively.
I made some changes throughout KBibTeX to differenciate between 'localfile' and 'file' whenever appropriate.
Please test the code pushed to my personal clone of KBibTeX's repository (not yet in the official one) if it resolves the issue for you:
In case you understand which code got changed in this commit, please try to use KBibTeX in a way that the changed code is actually triggered.
Btw, the setting to swith between BibTeX and BibLaTeX got moved from "User Interface" to "General".
(In reply to Thomas Fischer from comment #2)
> Please test the code pushed to my personal clone of KBibTeX's repository
> (not yet in the official one) if it resolves the issue for you:
I'm struggling to get this code running. For the official kde repository, I can build from master and may be able to build from any branch (using my package manager). However, when I clone your personal clone and build from it, I have trouble running. After I make install somewhere so that I can easily remove it (namely, in a subfolder of the build folder) and try to run, I get
./bin/kbibtex: error while loading shared libraries: libkbibtexgui.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I guess it doen't know where to find it.
This is after I uninstalled kbibtex as installed using my package manager. Before that, I got a segfault clearly because the system was confused with the two versions hanging around. In any case, then I also saw the message
kbibtex.config: No field description for "file" ( "file" )
pass by. That may be relevant.
I forced-pushed a few changes that may fix the "No field description" issue:
As for compiling and temporary installs, please look at
My example there is to install into /tmp/usr, so it stays outside of the PMS-managed /usr and requires no su/sudo. It will require to set some environment variables and will disappear after reboot, though. A small shell script may help you to automate the task.
Git commit 0b66fed104d6c0217443ec77e722ac1edc6d43a4 by Thomas Fischer.
Committed on 02/11/2018 at 20:51.
Pushed by thomasfischer into branch 'master'.
BibLaTeX uses field 'file' where BibTeX uses 'localfile'
In KBibTeX's code, basically all use scenarios of field 'localfile'
got rewritten to treat field 'file' equally when parsing/reading
data and switching between 'localfile' and 'file' when writing
BibTeX or BibLaTeX data, respectively.
M +2 -2 src/gui/element/elementeditor.cpp
M +9 -2 src/gui/element/elementwidgets.cpp
M +6 -4 src/gui/element/findpdfui.cpp
M +1 -1 src/io/fileexporterbibtex.cpp
M +1 -1 src/io/fileimporterbibtex.cpp
M +2 -1 src/io/fileimporterris.cpp
M +1 -0 src/networking/CMakeLists.txt
M +3 -2 src/networking/associatedfiles.cpp
M +1 -0 src/program/docklets/valuelist.cpp
M +8 -0 src/test/kbibtexfilestest.cpp