https://cgit.kde.org/discover.git/commit/?id=a263fccd2532f04160aa82743f4a0f8172f9af3f introduced a potentially unwelcome behavior change.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Make the window tall and narrow
- Search for something
- Click on an app entry in the search results list
- Click the clear button in the search field in preparation for doing another search
Behavior prior to a263fccd2532f04160aa82743f4a0f8172f9af3f:
- Nothing happens. The search field clears.
Behavior after a263fccd2532f04160aa82743f4a0f8172f9af3f:
- Clearing the search field returns you to the app list. This is unexpected behavior. Users would not expect that clearing a search while looking at one of the search results would take them back to another view. In most search UIs, the currently-viewed search result stays visible when the search is cleared.
Git commit fb0e2f7d538849f0f4c8b09ea7ae63cf95985a08 by Aleix Pol.
Committed on 22/02/2018 at 17:23.
Pushed by apol into branch 'Plasma/5.12'.
Improve search field behavior
Make sure we don't show an application page when the search changes.
Go back to the page where we came from when the search field is empty.
M +7 -2 discover/qml/DiscoverDrawer.qml