Bug 384201 - SMB3 is broken in Dolphin
Summary: SMB3 is broken in Dolphin
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 385708
Alias: None
Product: kio-extras
Classification: Frameworks and Libraries
Component: default (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Platform: Other Linux
: NOR normal
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Plasma Bugs List
Depends on:
Reported: 2017-08-30 21:22 UTC by Jason
Modified: 2017-10-20 17:16 UTC (History)
8 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jason 2017-08-30 21:22:51 UTC
Running OpenSUSE Tumbleweed w/ Plasma 5.10.5 and Frameworks 5.37 and am unable to access my Samba server with Dolphin using SMB3, as I have set my client to use max protocol = SMB3. Gives error "Internal Error Please send a full bug report at http://bugs.kde.org Unknown error condition in stat: File exists". I notice that the username password box doesn't pop up anymore, just gives that error. Tried Thunar just to be sure and it works fine using the SMB3 protocol. NT1 still works, at least until CentOS 7.4 comes out then as I understand it all the old protocols are getting phased out.

Not sure what other info to include here as I am unable to find these errors in any logs.
Comment 1 Evotopid 2017-10-11 16:22:48 UTC
I have the same issue (same error message) on Arch Linux with Dolphin v17.08.1 
Dolphin is able to list my shares but any attempt to actually connect fails, while it works fine with thunar.
Comment 2 Luca Weiss 2017-10-12 08:05:28 UTC
I also have major problems with SMB in dolphin and kio-extras 17.08.1-1.
Some shares I can't connect to at all and some only work partially (in some folders). I believe the authentication of shares could be the problem?
Comment 3 Steven Haigh 2017-10-16 11:47:47 UTC
I also see this with Fedora 27. I can list the shares on a samba server, but can't access any content on them.
Comment 4 Steven Haigh 2017-10-16 11:57:32 UTC
Oh - and I'm not quite sure if it is related, but I do not have anything configured for 'max protocol' on either the client or server side.
Comment 5 yves 2017-10-16 16:17:18 UTC
I can confirm this on 17.08.2
Comment 6 Luca Weiss 2017-10-16 18:33:33 UTC
I have tried to downgrade both kio and dolphin to version 16.08.3 (I saw on a friends Debian Stable machine that it still worked). That didn't help at all and the same error ("File exists") still came with every reload. Then I tried downgrading the packages "samba", "smbclient" and "libwbclient" (Arch Linux) to version 4.5.3-1 and what a surprise: it worked. I didn't try yet which version broke it though.
Comment 7 Christoph Feck 2017-10-17 21:31:26 UTC
According to bug 339752 comment #7 it was changed in smbclient 4.7.
Comment 8 Nate Graham 2017-10-20 17:16:47 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 385708 ***