I configured my kMail to prefer plain text content over HTML.
Since upgrading to a QtWebEngine based version, it's impossible to print HTML mails. This is a major issue, as nowadays most mails are only readable and printable if HTML is enabled.
1) I click the mail, which will be shown in plain text view.
2) I enable HTML rendering by clicking the corresponding link in the mail's header.
3) I enable loading of external references / images, if required.
4) I chose "print mail". A dialog pops up which informs me that QtWebEngine does not yet support printing and an external browser will be used.
5) I chose "Open in Browser" and the external browser will open, *showing the mail's plain text contents*... (With no way to switch on HTML rendering, of course...)
The external browser shoul show the mail the way it's currently displayed in the mail view at the time the print command was invoked.
Git commit 8c304e1ed6c63d33c4dc63991298a7eb1c72b93e by Montel Laurent.
Committed on 14/10/2016 at 06:20.
Pushed by mlaurent into branch 'Applications/16.08'.
Bug 369572 - Regression kMail 5.3.1 QtWebEngine: HTML mail printing not possible if plain text view is preferred over HTML
M +2 -1 messageviewer/src/viewer/viewer_p.cpp
Great! Thanks Laurent! :-)
This bug was somewhat annoying, I always had to resort to Thunderbird to print bills and event tickets received as HTML mails... ;)
Thanks to KDE Neon this fix should now reach me rather quickly - or at least I hope so... ;)
Has this fix been lost in a regression again ?
I still can't print email directly in Kmail (just upgraded to 5.4.0 on Arch Linux)?
qt5-webengine 5.7.1-1 (qt qt5) is also installed.
Printing from QtWebEngine unfortunately will only implemented starting with Qt 5.8.