Bug 361588 - Text of articles from certain websites displayed way too small
Summary: Text of articles from certain websites displayed way too small
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: akregator
Classification: Applications
Component: internal browser (show other bugs)
Version: GIT (master)
Platform: Other Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: kdepim bugs
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2016-04-10 10:56 UTC by Martin Steigerwald
Modified: 2020-11-08 08:33 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments
This is how Akregator displays text from pro-linux.de (116.02 KB, image/png)
2016-04-10 10:59 UTC, Martin Steigerwald
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Martin Steigerwald 2016-04-10 10:56:09 UTC
Currently running git Applications/16.04, but also happens with master.

Text of articles from feeds from certain websites is displayed way too small. I meanwhile habitually press Ctrl + several times to make it readable.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add rss feed of pro-linux.de (just visit site with Konqueror and use RSS symbol) or use the URL http://www.pro-linux.de/backend/pro-linux.rdf

2. Let is receive some articles

3. View one article

4. Open article as webpage in internet browser

Actual Results:  
See attached screenshot.

Expected Results:  
Obviously way bigger text!

This is on ThinkPad T520, currently using even 24 inch external display, on internal Full HD with 143 dpi display the text is really unreadable.

This issue first came up when Laurent implemented the wonderful WebEngine support. I told Laurent then and he said would be looking into it, but issue is still there, so I report bug.
Comment 1 Martin Steigerwald 2016-04-10 10:59:08 UTC
Created attachment 98315 [details]
This is how Akregator displays text from pro-linux.de

Also affected are Heise Open heise.de/open, as well as KDE Dot News https://dot.kde.org/ and many other sites.
Comment 2 Laurent Montel 2016-04-29 11:16:19 UTC
Could you verify with last version ?
I fixed used font size in grantlee theme.
Comment 3 Martin Steigerwald 2016-04-30 10:37:16 UTC
Thank you, Laurent. I plan to do a recompile of KDEPIM once I have a working Qt 5.6 setup. Right now I plan to wait for Debian packages of Qt 5.6.1, hopefully beginning / mid of May. I think currently I do not want to work out how to self-compile and configure to use self-compiled Qt in addition to KF 5 and KDEPIM.
Comment 4 Christoph Feck 2016-06-15 13:47:41 UTC
Martin, any update?
Comment 5 Martin Steigerwald 2016-06-15 14:30:19 UTC
Now having Akregator 4:16.04.1-1 from Debian package font size for text in articles seems to be okay. Thus closing. Thank you, Laurent, for fixing. Thanks Christoph for reminding.
Comment 6 Martin Steigerwald 2016-06-15 17:57:01 UTC
I reopen this, as I didn´t look closely enough. The article text displayed in the "Articles" tab directly is indeed large enough, but the one when I open an article in a webpage often is not.

Example sites:
- http://www.pro-linux.de/
- http://amiga-news.de/

That is with Akregator 16.04. Once I can get Qt Webengine developer package within Debian I can try with KDEPIM or just Akregator compiled from master, but right now there is no Qt Webengine packaged for Debian and I´d rather not compile it myself, so…
Comment 7 Justin Zobel 2020-11-08 05:32:25 UTC
Thanks for the report Martin. I've checked a few articles from the RSS feed you mentioned and they appear OK here.

Akregator also now has minimum font size settings so if the issue hasn't resolved you may want to try these out.

Please let us know if this resolves the akregator issue for you, thanks.
Comment 8 Martin Steigerwald 2020-11-08 08:33:37 UTC
Thanks for checking.

I do not use the internal Qt WebEngine based webbrowser for displaying web pages anymore as I think I can not protect it well enough against any tracking and spying attempts of Google, Facebook and Co. So I told Akregator to open articles in my hardened Firefox browser setup a long time ago.

Thus closing.