1. I could not find the "FictionBook Backend" in the menu. So I am writing to "general".
2. My Synaptic does not show any update for my "Version 0.19.3; Using KDE Development Platform 4.13.3" nor "Fiction Book Backend Version 0.1.5"; these version too are not available in the bugtracker menu.
3. THE PROBLEM. When presenting a Fictionbook file Okular does not collapse extra spaces between <p> and </p>; it does not treat line breaks in the source text as a space. As a result a structured source text is rendered with unwanted spaces and newlines. This is a deviation from XML Spec (Section 2.10: White Space).
4. Another problem is that the <text-author> element is silently ignored.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Please download a test book (1.2k): http://pok.heliohost.org/unix/t.fb2
2. Open t.fb2 in Okular.
What I see with Okular is http://pok.heliohost.org/unix/okular.png
Please note unwanted line break after "One"; unwanted spaces before "two" and "six".
Please note the missing attribution of the quotation.
The expected (correct) rendition (by CoolReader) is shown at
Basically, something like this:
| One two three.
| Four five six.
| | In editing XML documents, it is often convenient to use “white
| | space” (spaces, tabs, and blank lines) to set apart the markup for
| | greater readability. Such white space is typically not intended
| | for inclusion in the delivered version of the document.
| `---- XML 1.0 Spec, 2.10 (White Space Handling)
Created attachment 97042 [details]
test file t.fb2
Created attachment 97043 [details]
A correct rendition by CoolReader
Created attachment 133141 [details]
Confirmed on okular from git master. Layout is all wrong.
I believe the author details are now showing correctly though.
The bug still persists on v21.12.0.
A possibly relevant merge request was started @ https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/529
Git commit 3400e8aee65ef77eccebd2b7a8d4a65428b55010 by Albert Astals Cid, on behalf of Yuri Chornoivan.
Committed on 04/01/2022 at 12:08.
Pushed by aacid into branch 'master'.
Remove extra spaces in FB2 paragraphs
M +1 -1 generators/fictionbook/converter.cpp