When printing images using Image -> Print Images menu, the print dialog should have more sensible default options, and remember chosen settings.
1) Auto-rotation should be on be default, or there should be an option to apply it to all images, not one at a time.
2) When selecting a paper size such as 4x6 Borderless ... there should be no margins. There is default margin of 0.12" on all sides
3) The Page Size should be remembered, for me it defaults to 'Index Card 3x5"' .. ive never used that
4) Duplex printing should be turned off. Photo paper can only be printed on one side.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select print-images
2. Check settings
3. Observe they are non-optimal
Prints are wasted due to poor default options and experimenting to find the correct settings
A photo application should have very easy and intuitie settings for printing photos
This is using a HP Photosmart 6520 with hpcups driver
digiKam 7.0.0 stable release is now published:
We need a fresh feedback on this file using this version.