Bug 339845 - Folder sync goes up to over 100%
Summary: Folder sync goes up to over 100%
Status: CONFIRMED
Alias: None
Product: kmail2
Classification: Applications
Component: folders (show other bugs)
Version: 5.7.2
Platform: Debian unstable Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: kdepim bugs
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-10-10 14:52 UTC by Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli
Modified: 2018-11-06 15:46 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments
Screenshot (38.98 KB, image/png)
2014-10-10 14:52 UTC, Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli 2014-10-10 14:52:13 UTC
Just to be sure, I just wiped out my akonadi and kmail configuration (because it was not functioning properly)

I created again my account and akonadi "syncs" over and over again, using too much CPU.

In the account configuration window I can see that the progress of syncing is of some hundred thousands percent (which makes no sense to me).

Reproducible: Always
Comment 1 Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli 2014-10-10 14:52:40 UTC
Created attachment 89079 [details]
Screenshot
Comment 2 Denis Kurz 2017-06-23 20:05:40 UTC
This bug has never been confirmed for a KDE PIM version that is based on KDE Frameworks (5.x). Those versions differ significantly from the old 4.x series. Therefore, I plan to close it in around two or three months. In the meantime, it is set to WAITINGFORINFO to give reporters the oportunity to check if it is still valid. As soon as someone confirms it for a recent version (at least 5.1, ideally even more recent), I'll gladly reopen it.

Please understand that we lack the manpower to triage bugs reported for versions almost two years beyond their end of life.
Comment 3 CnZhx 2018-01-30 16:15:40 UTC
I'd like to confirm that this symptom still exists in recent KMail2. I have seen my accounts (with IMAP on Gmail) run into tens of thousands percent every now and then. For example, by entering into Kontact -> Configure Kontact -> Mail -> Accounts, one account shows "Syncing folder 'Inbox' (266500%)".

After clicking "Modify..." but doing nothing and just clicking "Ok" or "Cancel", it turns to "Ready" after a splashing of some texts.

This was also mentioned in a post in forms.kde.org by Dan Vrátil (progdan). Here is the link: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=139394#p375588

I am currently using following environment,
```
openSUSE Tumbleweed: 20180125
KDE Plasma: 5.11.95
Qt: 5.10.0
KDE Frameworks: 5.42.0
KDE Applications: 17.12.1
Kernel: 4.14.14-1-default
```
Comment 4 CnZhx 2018-03-10 10:06:28 UTC
Comment 3 gives the needed info and confirms the existence in current version.

And I then changed the kmail2 version to 5.7.2 to reflect it. This bug is marked as confirmed by me. But anyone can revert it if he/she feels necessary.
Comment 5 CnZhx 2018-03-10 10:09:03 UTC
I also changed to the title to make it more general and removed the "CPU load is heavy for this whole time" statement because it might not always the case.
Comment 6 CnZhx 2018-11-06 13:18:11 UTC
Just a remind here.

With recent updates to KDE PIM packages, I have not seen such symptoms for a long time at least for kmail2 5.9.2. If no follow-up in the following month, I will close this as "resolved".
Comment 7 Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli 2018-11-06 15:12:58 UTC
Still happens to me from time to time… recently i had kmail on 100% for days.
Comment 8 CnZhx 2018-11-06 15:46:30 UTC
(In reply to Salvo "LtWorf" Tomaselli from comment #7)
> Still happens to me from time to time… recently i had kmail on 100% for days.

Sorry to hear that. My kmail has not run into any glitch for around three months if I recall correct. Back then, my kmail ran into a big problem of logging into Gmail imap server so I took the chance and cleared all the data and switched to app password instead of Oauth. But no 100% has been found. Anyway, that is what I knew.