When opening some EPUB files, TOC often displays page 1 even if the file has more than 200 pages, some pages and some blocks are completely invisible.
Compared with Calibre viewing, which is far from Okular in terms of usability, but has no issues viewing EPUB files.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download sample epub file: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/epub/Escalation-Preview.epub
2. Open in Okular
3. Compare with Calibre
1. TOC displays 5 chapters with pages: 1, 1, 1, 6, 1; Calibre can navigate through TOC correctly.
2. After greenish image, huge chunk of text and another image is completely missing.
3. Fonts for title "Baneblade" and the line below is not antialiased, hard to read on smaller zoom.
4. Image of baneblade does not fit the page.
5. All of the document contents is missing after crewman image.
1. Full document contents should be displayed.
2. Images should be centered/aligned correctly.
3. Probably TOC should not display page numbers, just jump to specified anchor, because page number has to be recalculated every time window size is changed. But even if numbers will be displayed incorrectly - more importantly is to jump to specified anchor than seeing actual number.
One more preview file that is missing almost all the pages when viewed in Okular: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/epub/Imperial-Knights-Preview.epub
Using OpenSUSE factory KDE packages from here:
Created attachment 87362 [details]
sample ePub file
This is a sample "hand crafted" epub file that okular cannot read. Both FBreader and Calibre can. the EPUB validator says the file is fine.
Git commit fcf148b75b98462b927da605ca76ee69ada31fd1 by Gilbert Assaf.
Committed on 15/08/2018 at 17:14.
Pushed by gassaf into branch 'master'.
Fixes url whitespaces in epub documents
libepub can't handle whitespace url encodings. This is why epub documents containing whitespaces urls aren't
displayed correctly. Since libepub doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, it might be better to fix this issue here.
Test Plan: Example epubs are in the ticket.
Reviewers: #okular, aacid
Reviewed By: #okular, aacid
Subscribers: ngraham, aacid, okular-devel
Differential Revision: https://phabricator.kde.org/D14310
M +10 -0 generators/epub/CMakeLists.txt
A +- -- generators/epub/autotests/data/test.epub
A +84 -0 generators/epub/autotests/epubgeneratortest.cpp [License: GPL (v2+)]
M +5 -1 generators/epub/converter.cpp