Create a multi-file selection:
- by dragging a rectangle with the mouse (works as expected)
- by shift-cursor on the keyboard (wrong selection mode)
sort by another column
Steps to Reproduce:
1. sort for size
2. select some files (e.g. all of size 0) using the keyboard shit+cursor method
3. note the number of selected files (4 files of size 0)
3. sort for name
4. observe the change in number of selected files in the status bar
right side of screenshot
left side of screenshot
Kubuntu 14.04 beta2 64-Bit
Created attachment 86111 [details]
expected versus actual result
Thanks for the bug report! I can confirm the problem. A proposed fix is at
Git commit a637e4979f109dde4165274a72384bfcb2ff5bc3 by Frank Reininghaus.
Committed on 26/04/2014 at 10:29.
Pushed by freininghaus into branch 'KDE/4.13'.
Do not change the selection when re-sorting the view
If a range of items has been selected by Shift-clicking or by pressing
Shift+Arrow, then each of them is added individually to the selection
before the items are re-sorted.
Before this commit, the first and the last item in the range were
moved, and all items between them were selected, even though these were
not necessarily the items which had been selected before the
M +7 -4 dolphin/src/kitemviews/kitemlistselectionmanager.cpp
M +26 -0 dolphin/src/tests/kitemlistselectionmanagertest.cpp
*** Bug 336383 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***