In between KMail offers the option to load external content, e.g for HTML-mails
This works mostly, but for some senders (like the attached) it does not work, although the sender is in the address book and the flag is set accordingly.
I noticed additionally that the sender has to be in the local contacts list. it does not work e.g. for a sender stored in the google address book
Steps to Reproduce:
1. load a mail from Handelsblatt
Created attachment 79754 [details]
For me it's perhaps a pb with indexing addressbook from google.
Need to reaffect to google resource
Laurent, in this case I had the address in my local addressbook. So it has to do with the mail/content
I don't understand your bug:
It's in local addressbook ? or google addressbook ?
- the attached mail does not load, if sender is in local addressbook (other mails may load)
- If the sender is in google addressbook, no mails load, as the flag gots removed on replication/sync with Google
Not a Google resource issue. X-KADDRESSBOOK-MailAllowToRemoteContent is flag is stored on Google server (thus preserved).
This feature is most probably broken in KMail:
1) get a multipart/alternative email with remote images
2) add sender to local OR remote (like Google Contacts) addressbook
3) edit the contact, check "Allow remote content"
4) open the email from 1), click to display HTML version (if you don't have HTML format as preferred)
Remote resources are not automatically loaded
5) click the red rectangle "To load remote references click here"
6) right-click the message, select "Save Display Format"
7) select another message
8) go back to the previous message
HTML version is loaded, remote resources are not loaded and the red rectangle "To load remote references click here" is not displayed.
Just left-click the "HTML Message" bar on left, images will be fetched.
still an issue in 4.11.0
I upgraded from 4.11.5 (where the load of external data worked for some mails, sender of these mails is in address-book) to 4.13.3.
Now loading of HTML content does not work anymore at all!
This bug has only been reported for versions before 4.14, which have been unsupported for at least two years now. Can anyone tell if this bug still present?
If noone confirms this bug for a Framework-based version of kmail2 (version 5.0 or later, as part of KDE Applications 15.12 or later), it gets closed in about three months.
Bug is still present in KMail 5.3.2, and worse than before. See as well:
Despite some mails are having text- and HTML-part, only text part is displayed (KMail-Setting is 'Display HTML-mail!), see screenshot
Created attachment 102759 [details]
mail displayed as text, although HTML is available