Bug 319147 - Unable to launch bug tracking out of/from digiKam.
Summary: Unable to launch bug tracking out of/from digiKam.
Status: RESOLVED NOT A BUG
Alias: None
Product: digikam
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Portability-Interroperability (show other bugs)
Version: 3.1.0
Platform: Ubuntu Packages Linux
: NOR major (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Digikam Developers
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-05-01 08:45 UTC by Axel Krebs
Modified: 2022-01-21 21:57 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In: 7.6.0


Attachments
showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore (123.91 KB, image/png)
2013-05-01 08:47 UTC, Axel Krebs
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Axel Krebs 2013-05-01 08:45:01 UTC
When I want to deliver a bug report, I can run the KDE bug tracking system, usually. 
A window in a browser will open and further details of my installation like OS and its version number, etc, will be added and sent automatically.

This mechanism does not work any more since new digiKam 3.10 and new KUBUNTU 13.04. 
I can not distinguish, if this is caused by digiKam or KUBUNTU version.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. just run digiKam 3.10 
2. try to sent a bug report from digiKam
3. no browser-window will open
Actual Results:  
neither program details nor "traces"(?) will _not_ delivered automatically



Expected Results:  
this is a major issues, cause it affects bug reporting and therefore further development of digiKam.

In the component list there must be a point for the interface between digiKam itself and the underlying OS; therefore, I suggest strongly to include a list point "KDE", "bugtracking system" or similar besides of existing list points as Advanced Rename, Album GUI, Batch Queue Manager, Color Management, database, and so on.
Comment 1 Axel Krebs 2013-05-01 08:47:58 UTC
Created attachment 79587 [details]
showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore
Comment 2 caulier.gilles 2013-05-01 09:11:16 UTC
> showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore

==> Sound like your system is broken (:=)))...

Please run digiKam trought  GDB like this :

http://www.digikam.org/contrib

And report the backtrace here...

Gilles Caulier
Comment 3 Jekyll Wu 2013-05-01 11:51:41 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Created attachment 79587 [details]
> showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore

Well, that screnshot shows the problem is  your web browser, not the bug reporting feature.  I will guess your firefox is not correctly closed last time. Whatever, it is the web browser's fault. You can change your default web browser in systemsettings, as  a workaround of your current problem before you find out why your firefox refuses to  start .
Comment 4 Axel Krebs 2013-05-01 15:17:48 UTC
Am 01.05.2013 11:51, schrieb Jekyll Wu:
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=319147
>
> Jekyll Wu <adaptee@gmail.com> changed:
>
>             What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>               Status|NEEDSINFO                   |RESOLVED
>           Resolution|BACKTRACE                   |INVALID
>
> --- Comment #3 from Jekyll Wu <adaptee@gmail.com> ---
> (In reply to comment #1)
>> Created attachment 79587 [details]
>> showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore
>
> Well, that screnshot shows the problem is  your web browser, not the bug
> reporting feature.  I will guess your firefox is not correctly closed last
> time. Whatever, it is the web browser's fault. You can change your default web
> browser in systemsettings, as  a workaround of your current problem before you
> find out why your firefox refuses to  start .
>
Hi Jekyll:

How do you proof this?

What you say, sounds to me like an assumption- therefore the status 
"RESOLVED" seems somewhat strange to me.


Axel

(Im am no programming guy)
Comment 5 Axel Krebs 2013-05-01 15:18:31 UTC
Am 01.05.2013 09:11, schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=319147
>
> Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles@gmail.com> changed:
>
>             What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>               Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |NEEDSINFO
>                   CC|                            |caulier.gilles@gmail.com
>           Resolution|---                         |BACKTRACE
>
> --- Comment #2 from Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles@gmail.com> ---
>> showing that automated browser call does NOT work anymore
>
> ==> Sound like your system is broken (:=)))...
>
> Please run digiKam trought  GDB like this :
>
> http://www.digikam.org/contrib
>
> And report the backtrace here...
>
> Gilles Caulier
>

... will try to do this, Gilles!
Comment 6 Jekyll Wu 2013-05-02 09:58:41 UTC
> Hi Jekyll:
> 
> How do you proof this?

I have encountered similar problems before, where firefox just refused to start for some  strange reason. The bug report feature itself is quite simple. It in the end just issues a command like "firefox(or whatever your default web browesr) https://bugs.kde.org/xxxxxx" . If firefox fails to start and open that URL, then it is firefox's fault. As simple as that. 

> 
> What you say, sounds to me like an assumption- therefore the status 
> "RESOLVED" seems somewhat strange to me.

Fine, use a better solution now.
Comment 7 Jekyll Wu 2013-05-02 09:59:05 UTC
See comment #3
Comment 8 Axel Krebs 2013-05-09 20:00:05 UTC
You are right- in the meanwhile I experienced FF hangers on two machines.
Without reason or cause, FF window doeas not change after some time 
anymore.

Sorry for faulty "alarm"!


Axel

Am 02.05.2013 09:59, schrieb Jekyll Wu:
> https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=319147
>
> Jekyll Wu <adaptee@gmail.com> changed:
>
>             What    |Removed                     |Added
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>               Status|UNCONFIRMED                 |NEEDSINFO
>           Resolution|---                         |WAITINGFORINFO
>
> --- Comment #7 from Jekyll Wu <adaptee@gmail.com> ---
> See comment #3
>