Bug 318705 - only one Google calendar is shown in KOrganizer
Summary: only one Google calendar is shown in KOrganizer
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 317974
Alias: None
Product: libkgapi
Classification: Frameworks and Libraries
Component: General (show other bugs)
Version: 0.4.2
Platform: OpenSUSE Linux
: NOR normal (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Daniel Vrátil
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-04-22 07:57 UTC by Silver Salonen
Modified: 2013-05-14 12:26 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Latest Commit:
Version Fixed In:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Silver Salonen 2013-04-22 07:57:37 UTC
I have 3 calendars in my Google account - 2 of them are my own calendars and 1 is a shared calendar. Some time after adding Google resource to Akonadi only 1 of these calendars is shown in KOrganizer.

I've tried:
  - removing and re-adding Google resource
  - checking/unchecking different calendars

But it always ends up the same - my own calendar is not shown.

Additionally, my own calendar is shown twice under my google calendar folder.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Add Google resource
2. Restart KDE/Akonadi
Actual Results:  
Only one calendar (shared one in my case - maybe it's because it's alphabetically first) is shown in KOrganizer.

Expected Results:  
All enabled calendars should be shown in KOrganizer.
Comment 1 Daniel Vrátil 2013-04-23 10:43:44 UTC
Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce this problem on KDE 4.10.2.

Could you enable debug for akonadi_googlecalendar_* in kdebugdialog, restart Akonadi from console (akonadictl restart) and observe whether any relevant output appears?
Comment 2 Silver Salonen 2013-04-23 11:16:25 UTC
From Akonadi Console I took Browser and browsing my calendar just stays busy - it shows count, but nothing else.
When I check Debugger, I see akonadi_nepomuk_feeder going through my e-mails and at the bottom there's an error "AgentBase(akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4): Invalid request, service is not registered."

After enabling debugging from kdebugdialog, I did:
akonadictl start 2>&1 | grep google
Some more interesting messages from there:

"Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier 'akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4', error message: 'Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4': no such name'"
"Cannot connect to agent instance with identifier 'akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4', error message: 'Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Resource.akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4': no such name'"
...
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::instance: instance(): ... initialised
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readConfig: readConfig(): local zone= "Europe/Tallinn"
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*) KSystemTimeZonesPrivate::readZoneTab: readZoneTab( "/usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab" )
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/kdepimlibs (kcalcore): parse error ; string is empty? true 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  148322 Storage collection id  254 parentCollectionId =  -33 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: "" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Payload data was:  "" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/kdepimlibs (kcalcore): parse error ; string is empty? true 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: Failed to parse incidence! Item id =  148292 Storage collection id  254 parentCollectionId =  -34 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/akonadiserializer (calendar) Akonadi::SerializerPluginKCalCore::deserialize: "" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Unable to deserialize payload part: "RFC822" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630)/libakonadi Akonadi::ItemSerializer::deserialize: Payload data was:  "" 
akonadi_googlecalendar_resource_4(24630) KGAPI::AccessManagerPrivate::submitCache: Cache contains 1 requests

I saved the log, so anything you need from there, ask :)
Comment 3 Daniel Vrátil 2013-05-14 12:26:43 UTC
Thanks for the feedback. This is most probably caused by the mysterious "Service not registered" bug. Will be 100% fixed in 4.11, trying to find a temporary workaround for 4.10.3.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 317974 ***